How can I better disperse the weight of my loupes so it doesn't hurt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UConnDoIt

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have Surgitel loupes, 3.5x magnification. It puts so much pressure on my nose. Is there a way I can disperse the weight or have it not hurt my nose so much?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually have similar type of loupes, Surgitel 3.5x mag w/ my glasses prescription built into it. They are heavier than I expected so to compensate I just added on 2 layers of the thin nose pads that come with your loupes. It's not ideal but it's definitely helped.

Hi everyone,

I have Surgitel loupes, 3.5x magnification. It puts so much pressure on my nose. Is there a way I can disperse the weight or have it not hurt my nose so much?

Thanks.
Make sure you tighten the rope and have comfortable padding for your nose. If you are not happy with your loupes you should exchange them for more comfortable frame. I beleive there is six months exchange option with Surgitel

Members don't see this ad :)
It might not be that helpful, but I have never been a fan of "cool" loupes like Oakleys, because they are not designed to hold the weight of the telescopes. They work fine for some people, but never fit my face.

I had DFV nike frames for years, and when I switched them out to the old buddy holly frames, it made a huge difference.

Try tightening the strap so it's snug on the back of your head, that should help with some of the weight

Kn95, surgical mask, 4.5x loupes plus a face shield. 1 week in this is already getting old.

1BCBF101-8CB9-4480-80D3-65E27F2C15EC.jpeg
1BCBF101-8CB9-4480-80D3-65E27F2C15EC.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user