How can I squeeze those last points out of my MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Azteka

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lol I know the title sounded weird, but hear me out. I just wanted to ask to see if any of yall had any tips as to how to make my MCAT better. I take it in about a month. The last 5 practice exams I have taken I have gotten as follows

1) 34 (12B 11P 11 V)
2) 36 (14 B 11P 11V)
3) 36 (13 B 12 P 11 V)
4) 37 (14 B 13 P 10 V)
5) 37 (14 B 11 P 12 V)

As you can see, it is obvious that my weak spot in the verbal reasoning. But no focusing on that, any tips as to how to improve my score to get the best I can? I know a lot of people tell me a 37 is a great score, and I know it is, but due to my GPA, I need my MCAT to be bomb as **** you know? Hell, call me crazy, but I would even dare to aim to get a 40. Gotta shoot high. So what are some tips to improve?

Members don't see this ad.

Lol I know the title sounded weird, but hear me out. I just wanted to ask to see if any of yall had any tips as to how to make my MCAT better. I take it in about a month. The last 5 practice exams I have taken I have gotten as follows

1) 34 (12B 11P 11 V)
2) 36 (14 B 11P 11V)
3) 36 (13 B 12 P 11 V)
4) 37 (14 B 13 P 10 V)
5) 37 (14 B 11 P 12 V)

As you can see, it is obvious that my weak spot in the verbal reasoning. But no focusing on that, any tips as to how to improve my score to get the best I can? I know a lot of people tell me a 37 is a great score, and I know it is, but due to my GPA, I need my MCAT to be bomb as **** you know? Hell, call me crazy, but I would even dare to aim to get a 40. Gotta shoot high. So what are some tips to improve?

I don't call you crazy... I like the ambition. I would pump that Physical science knowledge up. It looks like you're consistently scoring lower in PS than BS, so perhaps you have some content weaknesses you can shore up?

I don't call you crazy... I like the ambition. I would pump that Physical science knowledge up. It looks like you're consistently scoring lower in PS than BS, so perhaps you have some content weaknesses you can shore up?

Would it be easier to focus on pumping the Physical instead of the verbal? I feel like I have peaked in physics but I may be able to do more in the verbal. any advice helps!

Would it be easier to focus on pumping the Physical instead of the verbal? I feel like I have peaked in physics but I may be able to do more in the verbal. any advice helps!

I'd be surprised if you can get much more out of verbal... after this many tests I'm sure you've already eliminated all the small mistakes you're making, and at this point it's going to be highly variable. PS on the other hand boils down to content familiarity and your comfort with it when coming across new perspectives that test it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd be surprised if you can get much more out of verbal... after this many tests I'm sure you've already eliminated all the small mistakes you're making, and at this point it's going to be highly variable. PS on the other hand boils down to content familiarity and your comfort with it when coming across new perspectives that test it.

Yeah I mean I am not too bad when it comes to physics, but the thing about it is that I am always freaking out about it, idk why lol. I guess I can improve in that area

Yeah me mean me am not too bad when it comes to physics, but the thing about it is that me am always freaking out about it, idk why lol. me guess me can improve in that area

LOL. Damn April Fool's... | was like | swear to god | wrote | and not "me".

| pronounced as "eye"

LOL. Damn awesome... | was like | swear to god | wrote | and not "me".

| pronounced as "eye"

LOL oh god I just noticed how ****ing awful this reply sounded lol. Sorry for the grammar. I pulled an all nighter studying for a test today and I can't think right