How do I backdate a prescription in Rx2000?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A prescription was filled on 12-28-2009 for a 90 day supply of Ramipril. The copayment came back for around $90 which was incorrect according to the patient, so the patient called up the insurance company and fixed something.

She called me up today and asked me to see how much it costs for a 30 day supply. I keep the fill date the same and "P" the quantity down to 30, copayment has gone down to $20. She asks me to check how much it now costs for a 90 day supply. I update the date to 1-4-2010 on the prescription and when I process it, it says maximum 30 days supply fillable, and when I "P" that down to 30, the price has gone up to $140, WTF! I suspect that the high price came up because it was now being processed as a prescription in a new year, and that there is a deductible on the plan.

So now the patient is all confused, apparently I was not supposed to update the date to 1-4-10. How do I backdate it so that the computer bills it as filled on 12-28-2009?

Members don't see this ad.

on rxnet, on the left side tab, there is a rx dispensing support. There is a pdf file on there telling you how to backdate.

on rxnet, on the left side tab, there is a rx dispensing support. There is a pdf file on there telling you how to backdate.

I also thought when you edit the rx, you press home and u can press c to cahnge the date of service. On the bottom of th edit screen, it should have one of those options.

I backdated a prescription in rx2000 about a year ago and it was awful. You had to call the helpdesk and get them to walk you through it and basically shut down the pharmacy for 5 minutes, because no terminal could be active while you were doing it. I don't know if there is now an easier way to do it or if the help desk guy was making it harder than it needed to be or what.

I'd call the help desk.