How do I get licensed in multiple states by score transfer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amphetamine Salts

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm a P4 graduating in may and i want to get licensed in CA and a few other east coast states by NAPLEX score transfer. right now i am submitting the application and paperwork for my initial state that i want to get licensed in and i plan to score transfer to 2-3 other states. if i don't have the money for the score transfer now, can i do the transfer a few months after graduation? after i've transferred the scores, how much time do i have to submit my license applications for each state as well as pass that state's MPJE?

i want to score transfer to a few states and take the MPJEs several months later when i have more money to afford the tests, how do i facilitate this?

Members don't see this ad.

Score transfer within 90 days for NAPLEX. Otherwise, you'll need to go through the Preliminary app (or whatever it's called) for reciprocity through NABP.
You can take the MPJE later, but state rules will vary as far as when you need to take it by relative to the NAPLEX score or date of application.

Note that some states may not accept NAPLEX score transfer unless you select the state to receive your score initially along with your basis state
i'm not sure i understand what you mean by select state to receive initially. i want to score transfer to CA, PA, and NJ

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm not sure if this document answers my question

the way i understand this from my school is: after i pass the NAPLEX for the initial state that i want to be licensed in, i have up to 90 days to decide to score transfer to other states and pay $75 per state. i also have up to 1 year since i've passed the NAPLEX to submit applications and take the MPJEs for other states if i want to obtain those licenses through the score transfer. can anyone here clarify or confirm these statements? thanks

Tbh, it's not that ****ing hard to use Google. Already told you the 90 days thing, and already told you how long you have to take MPJEs after taking the NAPLEX is by state. Look up each state's licensing process yourself since you're going to have to anyway. Each application usually spells it out for you as far as how long your app is valid. 1 year is likely for most states, so yeah, but a few states have different rules.

NABP also has a long bulletin to answer related questions to the exam.

Tbh, it's not that ****ing hard to use Google. Already told you the 90 days thing, and already told you how long you have to take MPJEs after taking the NAPLEX is by state. Look up each state's licensing process yourself since you're going to have to anyway. Each application usually spells it out for you as far as how long your app is valid. 1 year is likely for most states, so yeah, but a few states have different rules.

NABP also has a long bulletin to answer related questions to the exam.
sorry about my incompetence. thank you for taking the time to answer and helping me though

Reactions: 1 user