How do you manage your reference letters? (any programs/websites?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentp0x

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heard there's a website you can use to verify your letters and use that site for sending them out in the future. Otherwise, I'm not sure how I can ask profs who I only know a bit to send letters out to so many schools (I'm in Canada, applying to both canada and usa).

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another vote for Interfolio. It worked very well for me.

How long are letters "valid" for if using this site?

Interfolio is interPROlio. Use it.

Letters are "valid" for however long a medical school will accept them. Some require you get new letters each cycle. Apart from that, they do not expire.

Interfolio is awesome! You can send entire batches of letters to a school for one $6 fee. Membership is only $19/year. I used Interfolio for all the schools I applied to this year.

How long are letters "valid" for if using this site?

I think it depends on what type of membership you buy. I believe I paid for 1 year of use, but you can extend your membership if it looks like you may need to send letters the following cycle. Not sure what happens if your membership expires. You would probably have to have your letter writers send your LORs back to Interfolio.