How do you stay current ... ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Corradoracer

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently graduated, however, i fear that i may fall behind on current evidence based medicine.

So I humbly ask the honorable masses of pharmacist on this board, how do you maintain your knowledge base? What publication do you read? Website? etc

Members don't see this ad.

I usually stop by the hospital library once or twice a month and thumb through Pharmacotherapy, Hospital Pharmacist, Lancet, NEJM, and a few others. Medscape's pharmacist news site is a good thing to look at every now and then, too. A bunch of random **** shows up that's interesting. Like today they are telling me that atorvastatin is apparently efficacious for preventing diabetic foot ulcers...and IV ibuprofen reduces postsurgical opioid use...and statins again might help prevent various infections...and then learning that makes me want to review the deeper pharmacology of statins to figure wtf is up with that one...

Last edited:
I love the Pharmacists Letter. It is 100% absolutely unbiased. There is plenty of detail as well as brief useful information. There are enough links to send to journal articles if you want more detail. I love the fact they point out me too drugs as useless me too drugs....

Members don't see this ad :)
I was planning (as soon as i have some cash flow, i started work 2 weeks ago) to get a personal subscription to pharmacy letter, it would also make for awesome bathroom reading material. Stopping by the hospital library sounds cool too.

Journal Watch (www.jwatch.org) is from the publishers of NEJM, and you can sign up for free for their e-mail service that lets you know when articles in your interest area come out (from most of the peer-reviewed journals, not just NEJM).

Journal Watch (www.jwatch.org) is from the publishers of NEJM, and you can sign up for free for their e-mail service that lets you know when articles in your interest area come out (from most of the peer-reviewed journals, not just NEJM).

The first thing I read:
"Levalbuterol Is No Better Than Racemic Albuterol for Severe Acute Asthma"

About 3 years behind the times, I see....

Journal Watch, a few listserves through ASHP, Pharmacists Letter and reading more on Up to Date in topics that interest me.