How hard are the EK 30 min lecture exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MEG@COOL

M0DE 01
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should someone be happy with getting scores of 10 and over or are they not really meaningful?

Members don't see this ad.

MEG@COOL said:
Should someone be happy with getting scores of 10 and over or are they not really meaningful?

Be happy!!!

The VR ones are so-so.

So I got a 9 on the first bio one I took, which sounds good! I should have had an 11, had I not changed some correct answers to wrong ones. What about the EK 1001 series questions? I did the first bio passage and it was really hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where do you take these 30min lecture exams? What books? 1001s? or from the complete package?

silverpaw54 said:
Where do you take these 30min lecture exams? What books? 1001s? or from the complete package?
Lecture series.

And they are pretty hard, especially VR.

MEG@COOL said:

If you read their basic information at the beginning of the book, they say that the lecture exams are MCAT-like questions but with the easy ones taken out since they feel that most people are able to answer the easy questions. In that case, be happy with the 10 as indication of how much you understood from that lecture. Though, I still don't really put much faith into the numerical value of the scores as representation of performance on the actual MCAT because you take the lecture exams right after doing the lectures and so the material is fresh in your mind. Plus, the MCAT is not going to have three passages followed by 4 discreets in a row on the same topic.

shantster said:
If you read their basic information at the beginning of the book, they say that the lecture exams are MCAT-like questions but with the easy ones taken out since they feel that most people are able to answer the easy questions. In that case, be happy with the 10 as indication of how much you understood from that lecture. Though, I still don't really put much faith into the numerical value of the scores as representation of performance on the actual MCAT because you take the lecture exams right after doing the lectures and so the material is fresh in your mind. Plus, the MCAT is not going to have three passages followed by 4 discreets in a row on the same topic.

I am guessing that these 30min lecture exams are not avail w/o the class, or are these similar to the "16 mini 30min MCAT's" book that you can buy from them?

Rocket3004 said:
I am guessing that these 30min lecture exams are not avail w/o the class, or are these similar to the "16 mini 30min MCAT's" book that you can buy from them?

They are in the EK comprehensive review books you can buy in bookstores.

Teerawit said:
They are in the EK comprehensive review books you can buy in bookstores.

Cool. My friend's sister just gave me the set. Very few markings and you can't argue with a total cost of $0.

So are these tests very helpful/useful/whatever (as compared to TPR, Kaplan, etc..)?

Rocket3004 said:
So are these tests very helpful/useful/whatever (as compared to TPR, Kaplan, etc..)?

I dunno how they compare to the other test prep companys' books, but the EK ones are good to evaluate how well you read and understood the review chapters.

And they are pretty hard, especially VR.[/QUOTE]
I totally hear you!!! 6 and 5 on the first 2 VR 30min test :eek:

So far I have gotten 12's on the first two chem 30 mins. I got a 13 on the 3r gen chem section when I took that a couple years ago. I hope I get a similar score on the real exam.