How important is DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bor0000

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1)In the test itself, are the quant/verbal/science averages equally or more or less important than pat?
2)Say you get a great score, like 25+ in all the sections, would schools be really impressed? say you're applying to harvard and have <3.7gpa, could the dat really help you out, or not really?

Members don't see this ad.

bor0000 said:
1)In the test itself, are the quant/verbal/science averages equally or more or less important than pat?
2)Say you get a great score, like 25+ in all the sections, would schools be really impressed? say you're applying to harvard and have <3.7gpa, could the dat really help you out, or not really?

1) The quant/verbal/science averages are equally weighted in your academic average. Some schools weigh TS more than AA, some schools only look at AA, some schools value AA more than TS, etc... In regards to the PAT, some schools dont weigh this section heavily, whereas UOP places great weight on this section. Just depends on the school and what they are looking for.

2) If you got 25+ in every section, then I think you will have a shot at the school of your choosing.

What do these acronyms stand for? Maybe I just need my coffee...

Rezdawg said:
1) TS more than AA, some schools only look at AA, some schools value AA more than TS, etc...

Members don't see this ad :)
The DAT is as important to dental schools and wings are important to an airplane. 25's straight accross!!!!!!! I had that dream too.

Thanks. I also dont know what is TS?

So 25+ could give you a shot at harvard, even with a mediocre gpa?! splendid!

Total Science (TS) is the average of the Bio, Chem, OChem Sections on the test.

bor0000 said:
Thanks. I also dont know what is TS?

So 25+ could give you a shot at harvard, even with a mediocre gpa?! splendid!

You think a 3.7 is a mediocre GPA...it's freaking hard to get 3.7 GPA since it's equivalent to an A- average. And yes, 25+ straight across is good for any school.

salut03 said:
What do these acronyms stand for? Maybe I just need my coffee...
AA=Academic Average
PAT=Perceptual Ability Test
TS=Total Science

no, i havent got anything close to a 3.7. thats why i wonder how far the dat would take me, if i were to do really well.