How is Beaumont for getting into cards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ordersol7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I am a current US 4th year student interested in pursing cards in the future and I interview with William Beaumont in Michigan for IM this week. I have heard nothing but positives about it's cardiology program but am not sure about going there for IM residency since it is technically a community program even though it has it's own medical school and is a 1000+ bed hospital with fellowships in everything. It seems like they match pretty well into cards every year but it seems like it's either at Beaumont or local in Michigan or the midwest for their matches over the years. This wouldn't really bother me since I want to stay in the midwest but would a place like Beaumont hold me back for applying to cards later? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would not go to Beumont for residency as its not well reputed..try to get into the best university program. If you would like to stay in Michigan, then ofcourse at Umichigan..
From a high tier uni program, options open out a lot wherever u want to go