How long does it take AADSAS to.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Comet208

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My file is comlete at all the schools, but i have 2 extra recommendations to send out. How long will AADSAS take to copy and send those out??? any ideas??

Comet

Members don't see this ad.

good question, i m wondering the same thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am going to use my pre-health office at school to send my letters of recommendation. It is $5 per school. I does not matter how many letters are in the mailing to the school. I have already sent 3 letters through ADDSAS: dentist, chem., and o-chem professor.

I am sending these next three because some schools ask specifically for either biology (Tufts) or non-science. I will be sending biochemistry, biology, and non-science.

My question is: should I send all three to all the school that I am lacking one letter of Rec?
Will they bother to see which letter of rec is need in all six of the one I have sent?

I hear some school only want three and absolutely no more; is that true?

Also, will my application be consider incomplete and set aside until the required LOR are received?

Thank's for any help someone can offer.

I recently talked to AADSAS about my letters of recommendation. They told me that it would take about 3 weeks for them to process the letters and mail them out.

So, the answer is: AADSAS takes 3 weeks to send the letters of recommendation to your schools.

Word of advise:

I highly suggest you send them very soon. ADEA told me it takes 3 weeks, but the truth is that it takes more than 3 weeks. UCONN was supposed to get my letters mid-late October, and they still have not received them!! When I called ADEA yesterday they said that they SHOULD receive it within couple of weeks!!

If you can, send them directly to the schools!!
Good Luck.

I added an extra request to apply to one more school and I sent that in t AADSAS about 2 and a half weeks ago. Does anyone know how long its takes AADSAS to mail the applicaitons to the schools? I figured they should have all of my stuff together because I have already applied to 3 other schools. I've tried calling them, but I get put on hold forever each time and I never get through!

Comet. I recommand you to send the extra rols directly from the office at your school to each Dental School. AADSAS did make mistake that the told you they sent out your rols, but the reality was they only sent part of them. That's said 3 out of 5. So, calling them to check is not always 100% guarrantee.