What to use after a long break

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prettywoman0172

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT in 2015. I was burned out after finishing my degree and didn’t study for it, just took it. I scored 498.

I am thinking about trying again after 8 years. It has been 8-10 years since I took the science classes and I’m not sure I remember any of it.

What do you recommend as far as study materials if I were to take another go at it?

Thanks.

Ann Marie

Members don't see this ad.

Since the first time you studied, there have been several free (or cheap) videos made that are much better (more MCAT applicable) than Khan Academy, so starting with some video review from AK videos or Chad videos (etc...) might be a good place to start. Use them to refamiliarize with the content before you start your study grind. Once you start to actually study, you'll want to focus on passages. There are many more resources than when you studied before, and what is considered best varies section to section. I'd start by looking at the 509+ thread and see what people have been using the last few years. You will likely get overwhelmed by all of the options, but that might also help you to realize that there are now several good ways to review each section.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users