How lucky am I !?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tosh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was supposed to fly out today for my first interview interview that I have a tomorrow, and thanks to amazing Chicago weather all the flights are canceled and I'm stuck at home ....
Maybe its a sign, I should give up on PT, switch to OT ? haha lol jk but yeah how bad is that, and I was so excited yesterday :)

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't be happy if I were you. Its not like the programs care about the weather, they care about filling their spots. Now that the weather held you back that just puts that many more people in front of you for a spot at that school.

Yeah, I think I know that waterrboyy33 .. but thanks for mentioning it and stressing me out even more .. maybe I should take my car and drive 1500 miles I think that will definitely put me in a great spot .. plus I'm not happy about it, but I'm not crying either its nothing I can do anyways .. mother nature buddy ..

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey tosh.0 wheres your interview at tomorrow?

At one of my interviews, the tour guide (1st year student) told me that she flew all the way out to VA (from Chicago) for an interview, she was all ready to go, flight, rental car, etc. she actually got there, then the school decided to cancel the interview because they received like 10 inches of snow that day. She then said she just had a phone interview which she was mad about. She was telling me this because I told her I have an interview with that same school and gave me some warning. You probably can still get a phone interview.

Where is this storm headed anyway? I have an interview on Thursday in Virginia and I have a flight out on Wednesday. Please dont cancel the interview Shenandoah!

Last edited:
jbizzle - I have my interview in Arizona, so I don't think they will be getting any snow lol ;) Snowstorm is all over Midwest, its crazy out here I look out the window and cant even see my car there is so much snow.
I already emailed the school, I hope I can reschedule it for some time this week. Where are you flying from ?

jbizzle - I have my interview in Arizona, so I don't think they will be getting any snow lol ;) Snowstorm is all over Midwest, its crazy out here I look out the window and cant even see my car there is so much snow.
I already emailed the school, I hope I can reschedule it for some time this week. Where are you flying from ?
Im flying from Tallahassee, stopping in Atlanta, then heading to IAD. I will be driving 1 hour west of DC to Shenandoah! I just looked at the weather channel. I hope it will pass by this wednesday, because it looks like its headed that way.

Where are you from Originally BTW.

You should be fine, I think its only today and Monday.
Originally I'm from Poland.

Tosh, I would get them on the phone as soon as they open in the morning. You never know, they may allow you to phone interview tomorrow. It never hurts to ask.

the terminator is right lol.(I see Johnconnor every time i see your name) call first thing in the morning. And be prepared with your Q&A if they will take you. Plus phone interview is way easier because you have your notes and you dont have to worry about them staring at you when you are trying to compose your thoughts. good luck

Thanks for the advice johncronejr. I was planning on doing that, I hope they will let me reschedule because I'm not a big fan of phone interviews. But it's better than nothing .. It had to snow today ! god I hate Chicago weather !

Im not a big fan of phone interviews either, you won't be able to check out the facilities and see how the faculty/student interact really. But it does save money.