how many months of study for NBDE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dds_aspirant

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi pals,
i am prepaing for NBDE 1 for november2006 and i have started studing since MAY2006.i have got dental decks and released and unrealesed papers.so how time is required to complete all this.and how many hours one shud study.and how many revisions must be done before ur exam.can i able to complete it till november15th or shud i give the exam after 2more months.what u guys think just guide me regarding this.
good luck to all of u.
ddsaspirant

Members don't see this ad.

dds_aspirant said:
hi pals,
i am prepaing for NBDE 1 for november2006 and i have started studing since MAY2006.i have got dental decks and released and unrealesed papers.so how time is required to complete all this.and how many hours one shud study.and how many revisions must be done before ur exam.can i able to complete it till november15th or shud i give the exam after 2more months.what u guys think just guide me regarding this.
good luck to all of u.
ddsaspirant
hi,,u know what,,i took 6 moths to study and landed up with 89,,u can see other people on this forum who just studied for 3 months and some of them for 2 months with only decks and review notes have scored in 90's,,hats off to them,,,it all depends on u,,how soon u grasp things and especially presence of mind on the day of examm,,,even a single wrong answer can hamper ur score,,,so just chill and ofcourse revisions are very important,,try to read all material atleast for 3 times,,
good luck

sweetgal said:
hi,,u know what,,i took 6 moths to study and landed up with 89,,u can see other people on this forum who just studied for 3 months and some of them for 2 months with only decks and review notes have scored in 90's,,hats off to them,,,it all depends on u,,how soon u grasp things and especially presence of mind on the day of examm,,,even a single wrong answer can hamper ur score,,,so just chill and ofcourse revisions are very important,,try to read all material atleast for 3 times,,
good luck
can you tell your study pattern like what material you studied and how many hours you studied and hpw many times you revised.
thanks in advance

hi all. nice to meet u all. i am new here. and i am planning to take the NBDA PART ONE. i will study for 6 moonth. each subject 1 month as they are 6 subject* 6 = 6 month. i am not in hurry as i need good score . and as all know. the problem is in part one exam not in part 2. so we have to spend enough time for part 1 . but i am wendering if the dental decks and realsed exam its enough. i have kaplen book part one. but its seem alot of information and i dont think we have to study all this book. i take kaplen as referance only read for 1 or 2 times just read and refresh my information. if any 1 have another opinion plz tell me . thank u