How many specialty spots for Tufts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

batmeat

Class of 2009 yo.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For you Tufts students, how many spots does the school reserve for specialties? Orth, Endo, Oral Surg, Perio, etc....

Members don't see this ad.

batmeat said:
For you Tufts students, how many spots does the school reserve for specialties? Orth, Endo, Oral Surg, Perio, etc....

Different every year. Ortho seems to take half of it's own. Endo can take anywhere from 1-3 of it's own, OMFS doesn't seem to reserve for it's own but will take it's own, Perio seems to take a couple of it's own, Pedo same as perio and that's all. None of the Tufts post-doc programs seem to have problems taking their own. Do well and let the department that you are applying to know that you are interested.

OMFSdoc said:
OMFS doesn't seem to reserve for it's own but will take it's own

Tufts will take its own students for omfs? Hmm. I'm surprised - I figured they would've realized how poor their DMD program is, and only accepted people from better schools such as columbia, upenn, and umichigan.

happy new year everyone.

delicious said:
Tufts will take its own students for omfs? Hmm. I'm surprised - I figured they would've realized how poor their DMD program is, and only accepted people from better schools such as columbia, upenn, and umichigan.

happy new year everyone.

Poor form delicious...poor form. Tufts has an excellent DMD program. I am friends with grads from penn and columbia. Clinically, Tufts is flat out a better program. Academically, penn and columbia may have a stronger didactic curriculum, but even that is questionable. Have you seen penn's clinic??? It is no where near as nice as Tufts'. When choosing between these 3 schools, there is not too much difference. I was accepted to all three. All are excellent schools with good reputations. I liked the clinic at Tufts and the city of Boston better than Philly or NYC and that was my decision. You can't go wrong with any of these schools. UConn is just as good if not better with it's smaller class size, cheap tuition, and clinical education, but Farmingville leaves much to be desired.