How much detail to memorize for biological diversity?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tooth_hurty

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am studying the Biological Diversity chapter in Cliffs AP Bio (3rd ed) and I am just wondering if I'm focusing too much on the nitty gritty details of this section. On the DAT, are we expected to know for instance the specific differences between horsetails and whisk ferns? Or say between glomeromycota and zygomycota?
I'm just trying to get an idea of what I should be committing to memory and making flashcards for from this chapter. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

They're recently changed the BIO section on the DAT so I don't think many people can say for sure what will be on there now.

The best advice I have for the biology section is to take the DAT Bootcamp biology practice tests. The first test in every section (Bio, Chem, Organic, etc.) is free. It'll show you not only the difficulty level of the questions, but will also give you a DAT score for how well you did. http://datbootcamp.com/classroom/biology/

Hey there, I would say you probably don't know that much detail. DAT is not about depth, but it does ever lots of topics. I would suggest you to get DAT Destroyer, it will cover all of the sciences :)