how much time left

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalguy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have not been accepted anywhere yet....I am on two waitlists and am still to here something from 6 schools. And by that I mean I have not interviewed. I am still trying to be optimistic about this but want some opinions of what I should expect/think will happen. How long can I expect interviews to be scheduled for and does anyone think I can still get an interview.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

dental guy... when did you apply? it all depends on when your applications went in and when you interviewed...

I applied late october... i still havent heard from a lot from several schools, and I just interviewed a month ago... with three more interviews to go. It is really nerve racking playing the waiting game, especially when you hear about people who get their acceptances within a few days... but if youre stats are good, youll get in somewhere... :thumbup: :)

dentist_to_be? said:
dental guy... when did you apply? it all depends on when your applications went in and when you interviewed...

I applied late october... i still havent heard from a lot from several schools, and I just interviewed a month ago... with three more interviews to go. It is really nerve racking playing the waiting game, especially when you hear about people who get their acceptances within a few days... but if youre stats are good, youll get in somewhere... :thumbup: :)

well most of my apps were mailed out from AADSAS to the schools september 3rd (i submitted them to AADSAS in mid july).....i submitted some updates that were mailed out december 3rd.....like i said I'm on two waitlists and don't have any more interviews scheduled, you say you have three interviews scheduled so that tells me that interviews can still be scheduled.....i hope so....cause i have nothing scheduled right now :( ....

Members don't see this ad :)
dentalguy said:
well most of my apps were mailed out from AADSAS to the schools september 3rd (i submitted them to AADSAS in mid july).....i submitted some updates that were mailed out december 3rd.....like i said I'm on two waitlists and don't have any more interviews scheduled, you say you have three interviews scheduled so that tells me that interviews can still be scheduled.....i hope so....cause i have nothing scheduled right now :( ....

I depends on two things: Where did you appply and what your grades/scores were.

I sent into adsas on sept. 30th and have interviewed and been accepted to 4 schools and was invited to two others, but cancled.

best of luck to you, hang in there..some schools go right down to the wire.

dentalguy said:
you say you have three interviews scheduled so that tells me that interviews can still be scheduled.....i hope so....cause i have nothing scheduled right now :( ....

Oh yeah interviews are STILL being scheduled. I had arizona contact me today for one... dont worry, they are still being done... till april for most schools it seem

if i were you, i would be pro-active and start calling up schools, ask them what the deal is. One part of your application might be missing, thats what happened with me, aadsas lost one of my reference letters... and I didnt find out until i went to one of my interviews and they told me they didnt recieve it. So I investigated further, found out all the schools i applied to didnt recieve it, at this point it was february. So my application was REALLY late... but i still have schools contacting me... so dont lose hope yet :oops:

Hey DentalGuy:

Which schools have put you on the waitlist...and what is the policy of those schools with respect to taking applicants off the list?

Stay optimistic, schools are still scheduling interviews. :)

dentalguy said:
Ok so I have not been accepted anywhere yet....I am on two waitlists and am still to here something from 6 schools. And by that I mean I have not interviewed. I am still trying to be optimistic about this but want some opinions of what I should expect/think will happen. How long can I expect interviews to be scheduled for and does anyone think I can still get an interview.

Thanks

I am in the same boat..
I applied early late 1000's

I have four interviews but had rejected from columbia and I am wailisted on the rest of schools that I had interviews, USC, Arizona, BU

I got rejected from UOP w/o interview.

and haven't heard anything from tufts, UCLA, UCSF, NYU.

I have being tired of waiting and losing hope...
too frustrating...

my DAT score is 21/20/18 with GPA 3.3

I thought I would get in somewhere at least.......

jinnie,
I'm surprised you haven't heard anything from Tufts and NYU. I'm 61** in AADSAS and I got into NYU without interview in December and had the interview at Tufts in Jan and got acceptance in Feb. My scores are similar to yours.

Call their a s s up but I think you will definitely get into NYU.

Good luck.

dentalguy said:

Thanks

Stay optimistic. I am still waiting also but am trying to stay hopeful. Currently on 2 waitlists and received 6 rejections already. Interviewed at my 1st choice school in December and still waiting for a decision.

jinniechoi said:
I am in the same boat..
I applied early late 1000's

I have four interviews but had rejected from columbia and I am wailisted on the rest of schools that I had interviews, USC, Arizona, BU

I got rejected from UOP w/o interview.

and haven't heard anything from tufts, UCLA, UCSF, NYU.

I have being tired of waiting and losing hope...
too frustrating...

my DAT score is 21/20/18 with GPA 3.3

I thought I would get in somewhere at least.......
Columbia rejected you with those stats? I am surprised. How did your interview go?

Hang in there.... this game is not yet over.

lake04 said:
Hey DentalGuy:

Which schools have put you on the waitlist...and what is the policy of those schools with respect to taking applicants off the list?

Stay optimistic, schools are still scheduling interviews. :)

I'm staying optimistic and refuse to lose hope. I'm on the waitlist at Ohio State and Creighton. I know I'm towards the bottom of the waitlist at Ohio State and Creighton doesn't rank their waitlist so that's even more nerve racking. Anyway I now have 5 schools that I still have to hear from.....I hope everyone is right when they say that they still schedule interviews until April

Another question.....I called Detroit Mercy the other day and the told me I need to retake my DAT because it is low by a little in a couple areas....as much as I'm willing to do this I see that it may be tough because I do not have the time to study all out for the DAT because of classes this semester. Anyones opinions on this and what would be a good idea....should I take it again ( I would be eligible again in late April and Detroit told me they still take scores until May 31st) I have not interviewed at Detroit either. Any help would be appreciated

If that's what Detroit Mercy is telling you- chances are, that may be what's holding you up at the other schools. I would study here and there and retake the DAT as soon as I can. Or you can always wait for the next cycle or reuse those scores for the next cycle.

Also- it's really up to you if you want to retake now and still try for this cycle. It's all dependent on how bad you want to go to dental school this year.

Sweeti8286 said:
If that's what Detroit Mercy is telling you- chances are, that may be what's holding you up at the other schools. I would study here and there and retake the DAT as soon as I can. Or you can always wait for the next cycle or reuse those scores for the next cycle.

Also- it's really up to you if you want to retake now and still try for this cycle. It's all dependent on how bad you want to go to dental school this year.

well you dont want detroit anyhow. I told them I wasnt interested at the end of my interview. THEY STILL SENT ME AN ACCEPTANCE LETTER.

Talk about hard up. IT WAS GHETTO.

If you dont believe anything I say, believe this - - - G H E T T O >

RUN for your life there.

That was my experience.

Pikeyman said:
jinnie,
I'm surprised you haven't heard anything from Tufts and NYU. I'm 61** in AADSAS and I got into NYU without interview in December and had the interview at Tufts in Jan and got acceptance in Feb. My scores are similar to yours.

Call their a s s up but I think you will definitely get into NYU.

Good luck.

well, thanks for your encouragement. but..i am still waiting waiting and waiting...and giving up on hope......I am in 2000's early applicant
I tried to call NYU but they didn't tell me anything.
I just need to know if I have to waste another year.....
I even appreciate early rejection so that I can be ready for next year...
how should I do...

jinniechoi said:
well, thanks for your encouragement. but..i am still waiting waiting and waiting...and giving up on hope......I am in 2000's early applicant
I tried to call NYU but they didn't tell me anything.
I just need to know if I have to waste another year.....
I even appreciate early rejection so that I can be ready for next year...
how should I do...

Hi jinnie, I'm pretty curious as to why you didn't get more interviews and acceptance letters already. Your stats are very good for the schools you applied to. Mine are almost the same, and my AADSAS number was 80XX. It's definetly not your scores that are the problem. Maybe it's the content of your application itself maybe? That's the only thing that I can think of... but I could be wrong. I hope something good comes through for you before this cycle closes, but if you have to go another round, then try looking closer at your written application.

Hang in there!

Hello all... I hope that everyone gets what they are looking for. I have been looking at all these threads becase I am trying to get te heads up for applying to the 2006. basically, when yall talk about beint number 80XX or 20XX in aadsas, around what time is that?
Also, If i plan to take my dats may7th, and aadsas opens up mid mayish, if i apply in may, will aadsas already have my dats sent to them?
thanks
good luck all

Say_Cheese said:
Hello all... I hope that everyone gets what they are looking for. I have been looking at all these threads becase I am trying to get te heads up for applying to the 2006. basically, when yall talk about beint number 80XX or 20XX in aadsas, around what time is that?
Also, If i plan to take my dats may7th, and aadsas opens up mid mayish, if i apply in may, will aadsas already have my dats sent to them?
thanks
good luck all

In regards to your question, Nacho Cheese (JK)

The DAT scores are sent from the prometric learning center to the schools that you choose when signing up for the DAT. Its a seperate entitiy in itself and AADSAS is just for the application. Part of your 165 dollars covers the cost of sending scores to schools. Also if your really worried about getting your scores in on time, there is no worry. What you can do is take the copy of your scores when you take the test, fax over a copy, and let the schools know that your official score is on the way.

HD

So I still have two schools to hear from......Detroit and Buffalo. I really liked Detroit when I visited it and have never seen Buffalo....Detroit said something along the lines that they might be interviewing until June....is that possible? I really liked Detroit and would go to school there in a heartbeat.....whats going on with not hearing anything......any suggestions on what to do.....i have called detroit and it takes them a while to get back (i know they are busy) and Buffalo seems to get annoyed when I called them so I stopped calling them......

Mo007 said:
Columbia rejected you with those stats? I am surprised. How did your interview go?

Just goes to show that stats ain't everything... I don't know what the deal with Detroit Mercy is... they keep sending me a monthly update that doesn't say anything at all...

mvs04 said:
Just goes to show that stats ain't everything... I don't know what the deal with Detroit Mercy is... they keep sending me a monthly update that doesn't say anything at all...

Detroit has been VERY slow and behind lately. I know people that interviewed in the beginning of April and Detroit had not even had their committee meeting yet. They are behind because the director of admissions had a death in the family I believe. I would still keep calling them but it is not all lost yet!