How often do you brush/floss?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How often do you brush/floss?

• I brush and floss more than twice a day

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • I brush and floss only once a day

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • I brush everyday, but floss occasionally

Votes: 47 46.1%
  • I brush and floss occasionally

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I brush only whenever I have a date

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

Comet208

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how often everyone acts what they (are going to) preach.

Members don't see this ad.

I was taught to only brush for dates... however I dont go on many dates.

brush twice per day, floss once per day

Members don't see this ad :)
Brushing and flossing?!!!
God only gave us 24 hours in a day and i don't waste this precious time doing such things.

i've noticed that there are lots of dentists with bad teeth..

I usually brush 3 times a day and floss twice. I usually also rinse with listerine before I go to sleep. :D After seeing/smelling periodontal disease all day at a homeless clinic for the last 2 months, I can't help but get a little OCD about my oral hygiene.

There are, however, a few students in my class whose breath is horrible.... :thumbdown:

I brush after every meal (~3 times a day) and floss once a day. I also rinse with listerine twice a day.

It seems a lot of people have smelly breath. How does one get rid of smelly breath?

Copacetic52 said:
I brush after every meal (~3 times a day) and floss once a day. I also rinse with listerine twice a day.

It seems a lot of people have smelly breath. How does one get rid of smelly breath?

Ever heard of a "tongue scraper"? :D lol. That does it for me!

This is what I use...but there's all kinds...
http://wboc.static.worldnow.com/images/99883_G.jpg

I use the tongue scraper too. I don't think it's working though. Must be something inside.

Brush twice, floss once, some times more. Have you guys tried the mouthwash that Crest came out w/that's supposedly as good as Listerine? Can I just say, that they went overboard w/their blue coloring. I've heard it said that listerine's got too much sugar alcohol which is bad, in that it leads to cavities? Don't know how true that is.

Mysteree said:
Brush twice, floss once, some times more. Have you guys tried the mouthwash that Crest came out w/that's supposedly as good as Listerine? Can I just say, that they went overboard w/their blue coloring. I've heard it said that listerine's got too much sugar alcohol which is bad, in that it leads to cavities? Don't know how true that is.

that crest stuff tastes good! i heard they are reformulating it so that it doesnt leave blue crap in your sink. i do however still love my listerine. fresh burst ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
PickMe said:
that crest stuff tastes good! i heard they are reformulating it so that it doesnt leave blue crap in your sink. i do however still love my listerine. fresh burst ;)

Yeah, I'm going to go back to my listerine..I like the arctic mint flavor! Where is this ACT mouthwash available, is it in stores, or only online?

well what about brushing twice a day and flossing only once. then again it depends.. if i'm at work (in the dental office) i brush 3 times a day and floss once. so there you have it...

Man.....you guys make me feel like I'm a slacker in the hygiene department. I rinse with H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) and brush usually just once a day. I can't wait for classes to end so that I will stop drinking coffee......I have been staining my smile kinda badly for this past semester.

geckel said:
I rinse with H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) and brush usually just once a day.

is that healthy?

Mysteree said:
Yeah, I'm going to go back to my listerine..I like the arctic mint flavor! Where is this ACT mouthwash available, is it in stores, or only online?

its in stores...i normally get mine at the grocery store or walmart

PickMe said:
its in stores...i normally get mine at the grocery store or walmart

I looked it up online last night..cause as I thought about it, I remembered seeing it in some store. Thanks :)

Comet208 said:
Just wondering how often everyone acts what they (are going to) preach.

VERY LAME THREAD.

STARCITY said:
VERY LAME THREAD.

Hey Starcity,
have you decided where you'll be going to school yet?

Mysteree said:
Hey Starcity,
have you decided where you'll be going to school yet?

Either UNC or WVU or temple.

Why?

STARCITY said:
Either UNC or WVU or temple.

Why?

No particular reason, I was just wondering where you were going.

Mysteree said:
No particular reason, I was just wondering where you were going.

I thought for sure a rude comment was approaching.

Sorry, but I am well known as a person who speaks his mind.

STARCITY said:
I thought for sure a rude comment was approaching.

Sorry, but I am well known as a person who speaks his mind.

Nope, you thought wrong :) I have no desire to be rude. Yeah I've noticed that you do speak your mind.