How often does this happen?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hit 111,111 miles today.. and my trip meter hit 111.1 miles.. Of course I set the trip meter at 111,000...

:smuggrin:

p1000570qi6.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Nice! I would say not often.

Members don't see this ad :)
He was probably driving in and out of his garage to get that number :smuggrin:

No you fools...

I just pulled over...

I'm going to try for 123,456 on my odometer and 123.4 on my trip meter...or 789.0.. actually I could do both.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think Epic is a l33t hax0r who connected his laptop to his car and made it do that. Forreal.

And what did you do? Slam on your breaks and swerve to the side of the road as soon as it hit 111.1?

Crazy Texas drivers... :smuggrin:

:D If that's true ...

I'm going to try for 123,456 on my odometer and 123.4 on my trip meter...

then I'm sure you'll have no problem taking that milestone picture with the SPEEDOMETER @ 123 mph, right? :smuggrin:

I hit 111,111 miles today.. and my trip meter hit 111.1 miles.. Of course I set the trip meter at 111,000...

:smuggrin:

p1000570qi6.jpg
Hopefully you stopped and got gas. The sooner you fill up, the more you'll save. The price of gas seems to increase every day right now.

You should have taken a picture of the beautiful landscape when you stopped. I'm sure we'd all be impressed by a dried-up cactus next to an empty water hole. :smuggrin:

:D If that's true ...

then I'm sure you'll have no problem taking that milestone picture with the SPEEDOMETER @ 123 mph, right? :smuggrin:

I don't think my Buick like Acura will do 123 mph... oh it probably will.. if so, then it will give me 3 seconds to capture the shot at 123,456 on the odometer and 123.4 on the trip meter.

Doing 60, it would have given me 6 seconds for the shot.. so I decided to pull over.

Hopefully you stopped and got gas. The sooner you fill up, the more you'll save. The price of gas seems to increase every day right now.

You should have taken a picture of the beautiful landscape when you stopped. I'm sure we'd all be impressed by a dried-up cactus next to an empty water hole. :smuggrin:

Oh yeah? How so?

Oh yeah? How so?
If you fill up tomorrow, you'll be paying tomorrow's price, which will probably be more due to the price inflation trend. Have you ever heard of the saying, "a day late and a dollar short"?
Since you're not a broke college "punk" like me :p, you can afford to allocate $45 for gas without flinching too hard. Now if you get in a car accident (after filling up) and all of your gas spills out... well... you're out of luck!

Will you take a few pictures of the red clay next time you go on a roadtrip? I remember how amazing the hills looked when I used to visit my grandmother in Athens, Texas. I have fond memories of red dirt hills.

It aint always about phramercy dood!

Aint no red hills in this part of texas!

You must have been wearing 3D glasses thinking its hip.

Aint no red hills in this part of texas!

You must have been wearing 3D glasses thinking its hip.
Oh well. I guess I'll have to settle for dead cacti.

Don't you know? Epic has his own pipeline direct from Iraq jacked into his garage. n00bs...c'mon, everyone knows that. He's really a dirty texas oil man.

haha, anyway..i'm sad, had to give up my car before I hit 100k =(

Its always about pharmacy!!!!!!

Just busting your balls dude!

So how long do you wait to turn your A/C on? Man it was hot today.....

You thought it was hot today ??????

LOL.. Oh boy...

Don't you know? Epic has his own pipeline direct from Iraq jacked into his garage. n00bs...c'mon, everyone knows that. He's really a dirty texas oil man.

haha, anyway..i'm sad, had to give up my car before I hit 100k =(

why I gotta be dirty?

I think Epic is a l33t hax0r who connected his laptop to his car and made it do that. Forreal.

My car is so old... my laptop doesn't connect to it..

your lens makes your honda look new...or maybe you just recently dusted your console.

Hmmm. I just passed a red hill..

your lens makes your honda look new...or maybe you just recently dusted your console.

Ehhhh... well grasshopper, that picture was taken with my point and shoot which has a Leica lens. And it's my Acura!!!! Ok..they still call it Honda in Japan..

Here is the trick. Picture is nothing more than a reflection at that moment. And dust is part of life. And you can exacerbate it by using more light than necessary. So, if you don't use a flash in shade, you can avoid capturing dust reflection. So manually turn off the flash..and you can get a decent picture.

Better learn all this stuff before you get your L-lens.. or you'll become like Caver.. a Wanna Be.. :smuggrin:

Better learn all this stuff before you get your L-lens.. or you'll become like Caver.. a Wanna Be.. :smuggrin:

why you got to hate? You know deep down inside who makes a better toy...

Ever get to play with a Sony Alpha? I got to play with one the other day...seemed nice but still third tier compared to Canon and Nikons. Seems like it offers to do too many things and doesn't do it all exactly right without a lot of manipulation. I didn't realize that Sony bought the Konica/Minolta name. kinda cool i guess

why you got to hate? You know deep down inside who makes a better toy...

Ever get to play with a Sony Alpha? I got to play with one the other day...seemed nice but still third tier compared to Canon and Nikons. Seems like it offers to do too many things and does do it all exactly right without a lot of manipulation. I didn't realize that Sony bought the Konica/Minolta name. kinda cool i guess

Subconsciously, you listed Canon before Nikon... :smuggrin:

Yes, I played around with Sony.. and nothing wrong with their "Minolta" lenses. My first digital camera was a Sony..and felt their sensor was fantastic..

After all, it's all about the sensor and the lens. But you're right. It feels like a 2nd rate camera.

Subconsciously, you listed Canon before Nikon... :smuggrin:

Yes, I played around with Sony.. and nothing wrong with their "Minolta" lenses. My first digital camera was a Sony..and felt their sensor was fantastic..

After all, it's all about the sensor and the lens. But you're right. It feels like a 2nd rate camera.
yeah...or as i was thinking...3rd tier, 2nd tier, and 1st tier

If you fill up tomorrow, you'll be paying tomorrow's price, which will probably be more due to the price inflation trend. Have you ever heard of the saying, "a day late and a dollar short"?
Since you're not a broke college "punk" like me :p, you can afford to allocate $45 for gas without flinching too hard. Now if you get in a car accident (after filling up) and all of your gas spills out... well... you're out of luck!

I was doing so well buying gas when it was priced low... filling up when it looked like a good price rather than when I was getting low... and then I totaled my car and landed on the driver's side (where the gas cap is). With about three-quarters of a tank in it. I guess I still saved a little because that gas would have spilled out no matter how much I paid for it...

Good news is that my tags expired that month!