How often should I call schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SScrewed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that some schools want applicants to show their commitment/ enthusiasm for their medical school by calling and sending emails. What do you peeps think? Are there specific schools you know that I should solicit? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

They like to see interest, but they don't want to feel pestered. I sent a letter, an email, or made a phone call (one type of communication only) every month or two at the schools I applied to. I don't know if it helped or hurt, but I'm a happy MS1 now :)

Another tactic is to try and get in touch with the Dean/Director/Assistant Dean--whoever is in charge of admissions basically. If a representative is coming to your school or community, go hear them speak, get their contact information, and contact them--ask if they're free for a phone call or meeting, so you can ask questions about their program, which is one of your top choice schools. If the people in admissions say they don't do that kind of thing, then they don't do that kind of thing. Best of luck!

I heard that some schools want applicants to show their commitment/ enthusiasm for their medical school by calling and sending emails. What do you peeps think? Are there specific schools you know that I should solicit? Thanks
You might call a month or so after you're complete to confirm everything got there. After that, I wouldn't don't do it. Most of the time, you'll be talking to the secretary, who has no influence over your file and has to deal with a hundred worried applicants just like you.