How to learn about far away schools despite COVID

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

perusingdoc

Reaction score
Hello, I hope that this is posting in the correct place.

I am finding some difficulty learning about medical schools beyond their presentation and a few anecdotal accounts here and on reddit. I am applying to many schools far from where I live, and want to learn more about what the schools "feel" like. I want to experience the atmosphere there and chat with the students, but COVID and remote interviews are making that seemingly impossible. Does anyone have suggestions on how best to learn about schools beyond what you can read on their website?

As I work on "why us" type essays, I want to be honest and share what I appreciate about individual programs (easily done for my state school which I visited in 2019). I also just want to end up at a school that I actually like. Thank you in advance for you advice.

Members don't see this ad.

In addition to the forums here, once you're in the middle of the actual application process you can always ask the school if they have a student who would be willing to answer some of your questions from a student's perspective.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user