How to Request Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I

im2raw

Hey guys, I'm filling out my primary but I'm pretty confused on how to get my transcripts sent to AMCAS. Do I have to print out the official transcript form from AMCAS, send it to my undergrad registar, then they send that and the actual transcript back to AMCAS? I know when I applied to grad school, I just had my undergrad registar send the transcript to the school, I didn't need the verification form. Should I also call my undergrad school and let them know they will expect a transcript request form from me to send to AMCAS? Thanks again for your help guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Should I also call my undergrad school and let them know they will expect a transcript request form from me to send to AMCAS?

Yeah.
These things are handled on a school by school basis. Figure out what your school does.

The transcript request form allows AMCAS to match up your transcripts with your application using the transcript ID number and your AMCAS ID number. I brought along the transcript request form to my university and had them send it in along with my transcript. My other school said it wasn't necessary so they didn't use the transcript request form and the transcript still arrived at AMCAS without any problems. I would just call your undergrad schools to confirm.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I'm filling out my primary but I'm pretty confused on how to get my transcripts sent to AMCAS. Do I have to print out the official transcript form from AMCAS, send it to my undergrad registar, then they send that and the actual transcript back to AMCAS? I know when I applied to grad school, I just had my undergrad registar send the transcript to the school, I didn't need the verification form. Should I also call my undergrad school and let them know they will expect a transcript request form from me to send to AMCAS? Thanks again for your help guys.
Go to your registrar and request a copy be sent by mail to the application service. If you are anxious you could ask for priority mail.

https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fast...278-2edb3998a216/amcas_instruction_manual.pdf
(page 21)If AMCAS requires a transcript from your school(s), you can
create and print AMCAS Transcript Request Forms to send
to the registrar(s).

The AMCAS instructions should be considered the outline for the first exam in applying to medical school. All applicants should download and read it fully.

I read this, but it doesn't fully answer my question. I live really far away from my undergrad so I can't really go there. My question was do I print the transcript request form, then send it to my undergrad, and then instruct them to send both of them to AAMC or what. It doesn't exactly answer my specific question which is why I came here.