How to respond to holiday cards from medical schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted436726

I recently received some holiday cards from schools I interviewed at but haven't heard back from yet. I was thinking of just sending a thank-you email in response. Would it be overkill to send them a card back?

Members don't see this ad.

I recently received some holiday cards from schools I interviewed at but haven't heard back from yet. I was thinking of just sending a thank-you email in response. Would it be overkill to send them a card back?
There is no need or reason to send a "thank you" for a generic holiday card. It's like sending a thank you for a thank you.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not needed.

They have enough emails and tasks to worry about.

Reactions: 1 user
There is no need or reason to send a "thank you" for a generic holiday card. It's like sending a thank you for a thank you.

Thing is, it wasn't generic...definitely handwritten by an admissions counselor I met and talked with during the interview.

Not to be that guy, but I'd hate to get one of these and be waitlisted/rejected right afterward.

Not to be that guy, but I'd hate to get one of these and be waitlisted/rejected right afterward.

I've gotten several of these but they are from schools that have already accepted me.

You don't respond. It's a holiday card.

Not necessary to reply. In fact, if you haven't even gotten an acceptance, It may seem weird to reply.

A school sending a card is part of good PR, among other things. It's a nice touch, enjoy it, and if you really like the school, just hope for Santa to bring you a fat envelope.

Reactions: 1 users
family_christmas_card_19.jpg

Send them the most ridiculous custom holiday card you can in return. What could go wrong?

Thank them and tell them the card is your number 1 choice.