How to review FLs???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrothaX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How did you review your practice exams for the highest yield possible??

If possible, please be more specific than i looked at each question and really tried to understand it....

Also did anyone retake AAMC FLs after they were done??

Members don't see this ad.

First break up mistakes into content vs critical thinking. If it is the former, remediate immediately with content books. If it is critical thinking, come up with a concrete strategy that will help you get the question right next time. Example: read carefully to see whether a charge is positive or negative before using RHR. Make a list of lessons learned and look through them often to internalize them. You'll find yourself more open to building MCAT-specific critical thinking skills this way. You do not need to retake the same test but after analysis, you should be comfortable that you would get 100% correct without any assistance.

Reactions: 1 users
I had a Word doc Notebook split into the PS/VB/BS section. For each question I got wrong (and even some I got right, if I took too long on them or guessed or whatever), I would write the general idea behind why I got that question wrong (Content, math error, made it more difficult...etc). Then, I would expand on that with maybe 5 sentences discussing what I was thinking in the moment and how I should be thinking in a different way to get the right answer. For me, writing things down like this really embeds in my mind. I plan on re-reading my notes on this before taking my next AAMC. For any incorrect questions due to content errors, I highlighted that topic, and re-read/focused on passages in TBR to supplement.

This took me almost all day yesterday to do the PS section. Granted, it was my first test that I was checking, and I should have gotten more right...regardless, I think taking more time to check is a learning process and can be more beneficial than just breezing through it and focusing on more passage work.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 user