How would doing work with a smaller clothing company as a designer/manager be perceived?

• Thread starter Deleted member 755173
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Deleted member 755173

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's cool- list it since you're passionate about it. Unless your website shows shirts that say "P!mP**** 420"

I think it's cool- list it since you're passionate about it. Unless your website shows shirts that say "P!mP**** 420"
No, it doesn't haha they're not inappropriate at all. Do you think I would post the link to my website in the description or should I leave that off?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't provide a link to a website, I'd Google it out of my own curiosity.
Starting a company and being successful at it is an interesting hook not unlike being an English language tour guide at a European museum or touring with a Andean folk music group... not something we see often and an interesting topic of conversation that makes you more interesting that the cookie cutter applicant who lists only the expected checklist of activities.

Reactions: 1 user
As long as the stuff you produced isn't controversial, I would say definitely include it! A lot of people try to start businesses, far fewer actually succeed.

I'm curious to know the reason?
We don't usually allow social media searches of applicants, unless there is a compelling reason to do so. If you include the link, the reviewer is obligated to review it. This means anything they find in the search is open to be considered in the decision.

We don't usually allow social media searches of applicants, unless there is a compelling reason to do so. If you include the link, the reviewer is obligated to review it. This means anything they find in the search is open to be considered in the decision.

You don't allow it? Haha that's rather interesting. I wonder what would stop a person to google someone in their free time.

You don't allow it? Haha that's rather interesting. I wonder what would stop a person to google someone in their free time.
We would have to apply a search policy fairly and uniformly.
So far, we haven't figured out an efficient way to do that on thousands of applications (or even hundreds).

Reactions: 1 users
We would have to apply a search policy fairly and uniformly.
So far, we haven't figured out an efficient way to do that on thousands of applications (or even hundreds).

Very fair of you guys!

It's unique, go for it. But there does need to be some evidence of it.

So me and 2 of my friends started a smaller clothing company a little while back and have been growing it ever since. I now have a website for it and make pretty decent sales.

After we founded, I basically do a lot of the designing of our new stuff and managing everything along with my buddies.

Would it be worth it to list this on my application? It is a big part of my life but I just don't know how starting a clothing company and designing would be perceived.