Howard University College of Medicine Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YoungestBrother

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm feeling antsy about getting started at Howard. So, to offload some of this energy, I thought I'd reach out to anyone who will, like me, be a Bison this fall. I hear there will eventually be a facebook page, but it's not there yet, and the CoM website has lots of 404 errors, so it looks like SDN is our only venue for talking about our plans, asking about the program, socializing etc.

To get the ball rolling: Anyone know if there's a break for Thanksgiving? Spring break? I'm trying to figure out when I'll get to ski again...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey. I'm a rising 3rd year. To answer your questions, you do get thanksgiving but it's only for a few days (so you have to decide whether it's worth going home or staying to catch up on material). You do not get a traditional spring break. You get 2 days off. In spite of these, you do get quite a number of holidays (those that are not even observed in other states) since this is DC!!

Reactions: 1 user