Program-Specific Info / Q's Howard University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afroyoga

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is interested in this OT program. I applied for undergrad and got accepted, but decided to save for grad school. I plan on applying to their MOT program, but I feel that they have very little info listed on their website.

Does anyone else have a strong interest in the program or know more about Howard?

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently enrolled here. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT attend this OT program. If you only get into this program, wait until next year and apply somewhere else. You will constantly be dealing with insane professors who are terrible teachers. The chair of the department is the worst one. She cannot teach, and when she does, it turns out to be wrong information. You will have 15-17 credit hours of this crap each semester. I could go on for days about the way this OT department is the worst, but I can't think of them all right now. By the way, I shouldn't be a disgruntled student, I have a 3.8 GPA. This program just sucks that bad. You may not take my word for it, but if you decide to go there, you will see...I wish someone would have told me how bad it was before I accepted.

Reactions: 1 user
Great to know @HUOT3 I wanted to apply as well but I had a few questions before I actually sent in my application but no one ever seems to answer the phone. I'll just save myself the headache.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently enrolled here. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT attend this OT program. If you only get into this program, wait until next year and apply somewhere else. You will constantly be dealing with insane professors who are terrible teachers. The chair of the department is the worst one. She cannot teach, and when she does, it turns out to be wrong information. You will have 15-17 credit hours of this crap each semester. I could go on for days about the way this OT department is the worst, but I can't think of them all right now. By the way, I shouldn't be a disgruntled student, I have a 3.8 GPA. This program just sucks that bad. You may not take my word for it, but if you decide to go there, you will see...I wish someone would have told me how bad it was before I accepted.

Hey @HUOT3 I'm glad you have shed some light on the school. Is it possible for you to explain more about your experience. Are there any positives? Also, what is the overall tuition of the school? I've searched on the website, but I always get directed to " page can not be found." You can dm if you feel more comfortable. This is definitely one of the schools I hace been researching, but there is limited information so I look forward to your response.

Hey @HUOT3 I'm glad you have shed some light on the school. Is it possible for you to explain more about your experience. Are there any positives? Also, what is the overall tuition of the school? I've searched on the website, but I always get directed to " page can not be found." You can dm if you feel more comfortable. This is definitely one of the schools I hace been researching, but there is limited information so I look forward to your response.
Did you end up applying to their program? And have you heard anything from them? I can never reach them and I also had questions about my application. Now I'm frustrated that I spent all of that money and no one is there to help me with my questions.

Did you end up applying to their program? And have you heard anything from them? I can never reach them and I also had questions about my application. Now I'm frustrated that I spent all of that money and no one is there to help me with my questions.

Hey! I did apply, but I'm in the exact same boat as you. I haven't heard anything yet and I have a feeling we aren't the only ones who haven't. Let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same. You can also direct message me too. I'm always on here but I seem to notice the dms much faster.

I am scheduled for a Skype interview How's the program now ? Has the program improved at all? I want to become the best Ot I can be and learn a lot.

I am scheduled for a Skype interview How's the program now ? Has the program improved at all? I want to become the best Ot I can be and learn a lot.
Hi how was your skype interview? Have you heard anything since?

I was assuming I was out since I hadn't heard anything since submitting my application, but got an email on Tuesday and have an interview tomorrow. I've had some concerns based on the impossibility of reaching anyone to have questions answered about the application process. Reading this doesn't make me feel much better about the program. I live in DC, so obviously it would be the easiest option, but I don't want to go there if it's not going to be a good experience. Any other current students out there?

I still haven't heard yet. Has anyone else?

Reactions: 1 user
Yayyyyyyy join the Facebook group
"Howard OT c/o 2017 accepted & committed"