HPSP Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blakeb_212

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how I begin the application process. Specifically, is there an online application or is everything done through the recruiter? I spoke with my local recruiter in Montana, and he had very little to no information about the HPSP, although he did help me figure out which documents I would need for future reference. I would like to begin my application ASAP, so any advice is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I am trying to figure out how I begin the application process. Specifically, is there an online application or is everything done through the recruiter? I spoke with my local recruiter in Montana, and he had very little to no information about the HPSP, although he did help me figure out which documents I would need for future reference. I would like to begin my application ASAP, so any advice is appreciated!
Did you just speak to local storefront folks? Those are general purpose recruiters

You want the medical officer recruiting, ask the first recruiter for that #

Reactions: 1 user
Did you just speak to local storefront folks? Those are general purpose recruiters

You want the medical officer recruiting, ask the first recruiter for that #

Even the medical officer recruiter did not really have any advice, they tried to get ahold of a more regional person. Is the whole application done through the recruiter, or is there something online I can get started with? The nearest person with any relevant information seemed to be in Seattle and is hard to contact.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even the medical officer recruiter did not really have any advice, they tried to get ahold of a more regional person. Is the whole application done through the recruiter, or is there something online I can get started with? The nearest person with any relevant information seemed to be in Seattle and is hard to contact.
Not really much you can do without the help of a HPSP recruiter.

@USArmyHPSP do you have any contacts for the OP?

I've sent a copy of this thread to USAREC HQ. They will assign someone to handle this.

Bottom line is that the OP needs to speak with a recruiter. There is nothing about the process that can be done without access to the military computer system (other than letters of recommendation).

Thanks everyone for the advice! Sounds like I will need to get in touch with the regional person and go from there. I just wasn't sure if there was anything in particular I needed to complete online on my own. This clears things up

I have a question. Is it true that an HPSP applicant can only apply to one of the three branches for the 4 year dental HPSP scholarship? That is what my military medical recruiter told me, that if I applied to AF/Navy, and the army found out, they would toss out my application. So, as a highly competitive candidate, I only applied to Army and did not get the HPSP scholarship. I don't know how to P.M. you, but I am so confused now about how to apply for the 3 yr. HPSP dental scholarship, as the AF/Navy seem to place their 4 yr. candidates who just missed the mark into the three year scholarship process for the following year, so what about the ARMY candidates that just missed the mark. (I know I just missed because my application is still pending-in case enough people don't accept theirs). My CV (DAT/GPA/EC) are outstanding so I want to proceed carefully on the three year....any advice??