i am from pakistan i got US immigration now how to get admission at states

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

p22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi i am from pakistan newly immigrated to states at calafornia now guide me how i can get admission at states medical schools i already passed 1year of mbbs in beijing university now help me what should i do to get admission or guide me how as i am newly immigrated to us so how i will get fresh admission i will be very obliged

Members don't see this ad.

hi i am from pakistan newly immigrated to states at calafornia now guide me how i can get admission at states medical schools i already passed 1year of mbbs in beijing university now help me what should i do to get admission or guide me how as i am newly immigrated to us so how i will get fresh admission i will be very obliged

First say please...

Step 1: Make sure someone proof reads your personal statement. Not trying to be (too much) of a dick ... but no one is going to take you seriously with your writing.

Members don't see this ad :)

Since you already started your mbbs, it will be hard for you to gain admission into a US med school... you might need to apply for as a transfer student instead...

1)most medical schools require a Degree from a US University in order to get accepted, check to see what your 1 year of mbbs means to Medical Schools
2)medical schools require you to take the MCAT Test
if you goto any medical schools website you can look at their individual entrance requirements.. check that out. Good luck

I think you should finish your MBBS then apply for residency in the US/Canada/Australia/UK...

wait, what, your a prince, and your money is tied up in a foriegn bank account??? Sure, I'll send you my credit card details and 10k upfront to help you get your families forture out of the country, and you can pay be back when you get it out!

Sorry, but I automatically assume your a Nigerian scammer when a post is written like it was translated by babblefish

Chances of this being a real post.... Zero.

wait, what, your a prince, and your money is tied up in a foriegn bank account??? Sure, I'll send you my credit card details and 10k upfront to help you get your families forture out of the country, and you can pay be back when you get it out!

Sorry, but I automatically assume your a Nigerian scammer when a post is written like it was translated by babblefish

You might want to proofread your own post before critiquing someone else's English...

As somebody has already suggested, you should probably complete your MBBS abroad and then apply for a residency program in the US after passing USMLE 1 and 2.

Completion of a bachelors degree is a requirement for most, if not all, medical schools in the US. Since you do not have a bachelors yet, your only path to a US medical school would require earning a bachelors degree first. Given the you had already completed a year of medical studies, I do not think that you will have the patience to go through this time-consuming process.

I think that the overly sarcastic replies to OP's questions are unnecessary and may be offensive. At the same time, I think OP should have researched this subject before opting out of her/his MBBS program and moving to the US.

Hi p22,

Make an appointment with an admissions officer at your nearest 4-year university and bring a copy of your undergrad transcript and classes completed in China. See if any of your college credit will transfer to a US school. You will need to earn an undergraduate degree, with 60-90 of the semester credit hours being earned at a US school before you will be considered for medical school admission. To get in-state tuition, which is much cheaper, you will likely have to work at a full-time job for a year to be considered a California resident (residency rules vary by state, but the admissions officer will know what they are).

Side note: you seriously need to work on your English skills.

I know one person who went to medical school in Pakistan (which cost him like $100 a year). The he had to apply for US Visa 5 times...but finally he got it. He did his residency at decent US medical school, now he is an attending at US hospital, makes good money without having to pay any debt (!) and thinks about fellowship. Nothing is impossible if you really want it. Good luck!