"I can't do shots"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mister Mxyzptlk

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
19 YO female with three visible tattoos. One of the first things she tells me is that she "can't do shots".

Sorry ma'am, I only look stupid.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry " I can't do Narcs".....looks like this relationship is doomed from the start

Reactions: 1 users
that's about as bad as a patient telling me they won't do PT because of co-pays, but then tells me they just came back from a 2 week cruise in the caribbean - and are showing off their new "fit bit" watch.
when i pointed out that w/ medicaid there are no co-pays for PT, he just stares at me blankly... what i neglected to ask was "how come co-pays are an issue if you can finance a 2 week cruise to the caribbean while unemployed, and still have enough cash left over to get a fit-bit"...

WTF???

Members don't see this ad :)
People lie about things to manipulate others which is why I leave on BP cuff, pulse ox and skin conductivity electrodes on all patients when asking questions.

original.jpg

• Haha
Is it legal to polygraph every patient while in our office? Is there a CPT code for that?

• Haha
19 YO female with three visible tattoos. One of the first things she tells me is that she "can't do shots".

Sounds like she just transferred from a shots for narcs practice.

"That's fine, Miss. As you can see by the posted sign, I can't do Soma, Xanax, Oxy for you either. Have a good day."

that's about as bad as a patient telling me they won't do PT because of co-pays, but then tells me they just came back from a 2 week cruise in the caribbean - and are showing off their new "fit bit" watch.
when i pointed out that w/ medicaid there are no co-pays for PT, he just stares at me blankly... what i neglected to ask was "how come co-pays are an issue if you can finance a 2 week cruise to the caribbean while unemployed, and still have enough cash left over to get a fit-bit"...

WTF???

And I am not certain that Medicaid pays for name brand cigarettes like Marlboro. I thought they only
Paid for generic cigs.
This was a patient last week who had no
Clue what Meds he was on or what he was allergic to, but wrote down under smoking "one pack Marlboro per day."

Offer other options include PT , non narcotic meds, HEP and have her call back for f/u for injection if she is not better. Do not schedule F/u.

Inject if they call back.

Most likely they will not.

Reactions: 1 user

Even better with the neck tattoo(s), and stating "I hate needles!" Yeah, that 3600 times a minute into your neck is clearly intolerance! And, no, it is NOT different.

the 3 tattoos and that your staff let this girl in are the punchline

My younger daughter has 4 tattoos. I hope doctors won't turn her away because of it.