i don't know what to think

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cardiologist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i don't know what to think of my score

PS 12
BS 11
VR 3
WS P

i cannot reason out what happened to my verbal score. right now i am still in shock and denial that i got a 3. i know i didn;t have the best verbal section test but a 3 is UNBELIEVABLE. the worst score i ever got on a verbal practice was a 7. i just dont know what to feel. for a minute i was thinking maybe i made bubbling errors, but i dont know. should i call AAMC or email them???? Please help me, i am still shivering from the shock.

Members don't see this ad.

You probably did misbubble. You can ask for a regrade but it's probably a safer bet to just start prepping for August - at least you can feel confident that this score was an aberration and that you can do much better.

retake it . you will be fine. No school will blame on your misbubble.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the same thing. Got a 4, with my range being from 7-9 comfortably. Don't know what to think.

Hey... similar situation... my verbal section is 6 points below both PS and BS. I am retaking it in August and hard core for VR for the next 2 months

We had stories about this in my MCAT class. It's most likely a misbubble and when you retake and get the score you're supposed to get the schools will know that it wasn't because of lack of knowledge.

You probably want to retake it...if it was a bubbling error, then having it regraded won't help either. You should do a quick check at the end. I myself am deadly afraid of bubbling errors, and consequently spend the last couple of minutes checking every 5th answer on the scantron with my answers in the book to make sure I didn't slip up somewhere along the way.

:thumbdown: Maybe all of us who scored insanely below our normal range had the same form. Or maybe I'm just saying that to make myself feel better!

I scored 5 pts below my normal score! I was floored. I don't know what happened, I felt good about the verbal section. I'm not sure if I should even bother with August or wait until next April. :mad: