i got a question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait... I'd love to be paid $60,000 post tax to sit around and exercise my counting abilities; I think I'd be pretty good at it.

Members don't see this ad.

after doing some background research on this gochi character (yes, i am spending way too much time on here today - in bed after a crazy saturday, ha) i realize why (s)he's so bitter about pharmacy...seems like they wanted to get into pharmacy school about 2 years ago but their GPA was too low (2.3 wasn't it gochi???)

THEN, he tried to fallback onto optometry (his words, not mine), assuming his crappy GPA would be able to get him a spot in one of those schools.

I take it you didn't get in anywhere, huh gochi? That is why you constantly try to put down both PharmDs and ODs (they don't like him on their forum any more than we do)....because poor wittle baby couldn't cut it?

Get a life.

How am i bitter about pharmacy. Its pretty sweet that one could be making money just by counting pills. I would bet pharmacy makes athletes jealous.

I'll admit though, i did want to go into pharmacy because it was 5 years long where i live. But i later realized how often pharmacists were looked down upon and how boring it was. It is still that, but that's not why this thread was created.

I am not putting down pHD's i mean pharmD's or OD's. Just stating my opinion which is shared by the general public or your "patients" If you feel offended, then either ignore me, or provide facts instead of TRYING to insult me.

It is quite hysterical when people, especially on SDN, think they have made a point about something which is beyond their mental capacity.

I bet 16 year olds asking where to find sarah palins glasses is truly a self fulfilling profession.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not unusual for professions to go unappreciated until someone needs them.

I find pharmacists very useful. They seem to know a lot more about medications and the proper way to take them than doctors. I've had a lot of doctors tell me incorrect things about medications. So far I can think of three cases. In one of those, a pharmacist told me the right way to take it, and why it was important to take it that way.

And when I was out of town and accidentally took double the amount of my medication? (I blame jet lag; I had been thinking I needed to take Tylenol for a headache, and so took two pills of my prescription instead of one.) I called my home pharmacy and in two minutes knew that I had just taken the max dose, but that I'd probably be fine.

I've also called poison control a couple times, which I seem to remember is staffed by pharmacists, or they at least have pharmacists available there? I'll have to look that up. Nothing serious, but the calls helped reassure me that I had nothing to worry about. The warnings on chemicals and medicines aren't always very complete.

So I know I'm feeding the troll here, but there's lots of things pharmacists do to help people, besides just count pills. And I think the OP is wrong about people looking down on pharmacists. I'm leaving science to go to pharmacy school, and not one person has looked at that negatively. Well, I think most of my committee members don't understand why anyone would leave science, but that's just the way committee members are. ;-) But most people think it's a great job, especially those people that know pharmacists.

I find pharmacists very useful. They seem to know a lot more about medications and the proper way to take them than doctors. I've had a lot of doctors tell me incorrect things about medications. So far I can think of three cases. In one of those, a pharmacist told me the right way to take it, and why it was important to take it that way.

And when I was out of town and accidentally took double the amount of my medication? (I blame jet lag; I had been thinking I needed to take Tylenol for a headache, and so took two pills of my prescription instead of one.) I called my home pharmacy and in two minutes knew that I had just taken the max dose, but that I'd probably be fine.

I've also called poison control a couple times, which I seem to remember is staffed by pharmacists, or they at least have pharmacists available there? I'll have to look that up. Nothing serious, but the calls helped reassure me that I had nothing to worry about. The warnings on chemicals and medicines aren't always very complete.

So I know I'm feeding the troll here, but there's lots of things pharmacists do to help people, besides just count pills. And I think the OP is wrong about people looking down on pharmacists. I'm leaving science to go to pharmacy school, and not one person has looked at that negatively. Well, I think most of my committee members don't understand why anyone would leave science, but that's just the way committee members are. ;-) But most people think it's a great job, especially those people that know pharmacists.

tbh, most of the "professional" opinions of pharmacists can be found on the internet.

tbh, most of the "professional" opinions of pharmacists can be found on the internet.

And we all know everything on the internet is true and up-to-date, right?? I hope so, as my oil of oregano and coral calcium shipment to cure/prevent every disease I have/may ever have is in the mail.

You may be able to find warnings about drugs online. But pharmacists can tell you why the warnings exist, instead of just the warnings. As well, there is more to pharmacy than what you find online. I've read a lot of statements by pharmacists on SDN, and I'd have a hard time finding what they're talking about online. And as a sixth-year grad student that's about to have a PhD in molecular biology in about two months... it's not like my research skills are weak.

Biology is complicated. A lot of times, very smart people think they understand some biology thing, and they aren't even close. And those with less comprehension really can't be expected to figure out everything about their drug over the internet. Besides, sometimes it's just easier to ask a health professional than search yourself, when you may find something that's true or not.

Look, I really could care less what you think. You obviously have something against pharmacists, and if society thought they were as unimportant, there's no way they'd be valued as much as they are, nor would they make as much. Pharmacists are the easiest health care professional for people to access and often can help those that need the help the most. I hope others reading this post that have mentally moved beyond age 12 understand that.

Members don't see this ad :)
my glasses are still broken too:(

Why would you break your glasses? Are you in Grade 3 still? There is a reason why I am ignoring you, lol.

Last edited:
Why would you break your glasses? Are you in Grade 3 still? There is a reason why I am ignoring you, lol.

nope, again I am in pharmacy school. The place YOU wish you could be.

Thanks for playing.

nope, again I am in pharmacy school. The place YOU wish you could be.

Thanks for playing.

LOL!

Even if i could get full-scholarship to train to count pills, i would never puruse pharmacy.

I wonder why dentists and not pharmacists have a high suicidal rate.

LOL!

Even if i could get full-scholarship to train to count pills, i would never puruse pharmacy.

I wonder why dentists and not pharmacists have a high suicidal rate.

Did I miss something?

So bitter?
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=352436

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=381115

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=386990

seems like somebody didn't get what they wanted and decided to throw a temper tantrum. Bummer. Thats so lame.:(

At least I have the ability to count pills for a living, too bad you didn't have the opportunity to do the same.:banana::banana:

I could swear that you created these posts, you were dying to get in.

You're dumb but entertaining so :thumbup: to you.

oh my gawd ! I am dumb! How did you know!?:eek:

BUT, I can still manage to rationalilze what the product of 1+1 is, so i bet I can still become a pharmacist. Not that I would want to.

I'm so glad that even a dumb person can become a pharmacist. If a dumb person can do it, then anyone can!

I should start a recruitment comitee. Quicksilver can be captain.

BUT, I can still manage to rationalilze what the product of 1+1 is, so i bet I can still become a pharmacist. Not that I would want to.

I'm so glad that even a dumb person can become a pharmacist. If a dumb person can do it, then anyone can!

This guy is a clown. Clearly bitter because his GPA was too low for pharmacy, and now is trying his best to trash it, but is still failing.

lol, when is this about me.

All i am saying is that me (a third grader, according to you) got into pharmacy school, to count pills and count money (again, in your words), and YOU couldn't even hack it. You were searching, like a scared little boy for someone to take you in.

How pathetic, a 2.3 average in undergrad. Isn't that less then a C? Or is that a straight C? And to think that your grades weren't even good enough to be able to count for a living. How do you wake up in the morning? Your logic is absolutely fantastic and is reflective of your successes in the academic setting.

Hmmm...sit in parents' basement and troll internet forums enabled by parents' internet service while eating said parents' free food and pay no rent...

...or...

...count pills all day and take home $70K/ yr...

...You have a point troll...wanna swap?

:laugh::laugh:

This thread is entertaining :D:D

Definately an entertaining thread, but seriously . . .

its people like the OP that make me extremely glad that at least some people still use birth control.

Your job is what you make of it and I enjoy what I do and opportunities open to me. I have enjoyed the time I have spent in community pharmacy. The role of a pharmacist in a community pharmacist goes far and beyond counting medication but sure, pharmacists do count medications from time to time.

By the way, when you add numbers you get a sum not a product. Good try little buddy.

All i am saying is that me (a third grader, according to you) got into pharmacy school, to count pills and count money (again, in your words), and YOU couldn't even hack it. You were searching, like a scared little boy for someone to take you in.

How pathetic, a 2.3 average in undergrad. Isn't that less then a C? Or is that a straight C? And to think that your grades weren't even good enough to be able to count for a living. How do you wake up in the morning? Your logic is absolutely fantastic and is reflective of your successes in the academic setting.

I don't know what you mean by that scared little boy bit. Are you a molester?

Indeed it would be sad for any student to average a 2.3 gpa, but thats not me. If it were, I would have been in pharmacy school. Remember, if a dumb person can do it, than anyone can!

This thread was created to answer a specific question, but people like you get your panties wet when one states the demeaning truth about pharmacy, that its a profession of trained individuals who think they are doctors because they count pills. LOL, I can't tell you how pathetic that is. Seriously.

Its kind of sad when the public thinks of a profession as literally trash, but when other professionals, OD's/profs, think of it as that, what can you really do? Nothing, just continue to count pills.

From these postings, its pretty obvious that none of you know jack s*** about the profession. Or maybe there is nothing to know :p

Anyhow, this thread was created to answer a question, not to initiate a war between posters. I am only replying back to posters who wish to be corrected and spanked.

Hmmm...sit in parents' basement and troll internet forums enabled by parents' internet service while eating said parents' free food and pay no rent...

...or...

...count pills all day and take home $70K/ yr...

...You have a point troll...wanna swap?

that 70k is reduced after taxes, so no.

Your job is what you make of it and I enjoy what I do and opportunities open to me. I have enjoyed the time I have spent in community pharmacy. The role of a pharmacist in a community pharmacist goes far and beyond counting medication but sure, pharmacists do count medications from time to time.

By the way, when you add numbers you get a sum not a product. Good try little buddy.

Well, technically, a product is the result of multiple addition. But yea, it was used in the wrong context in my post. ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.