i hate patients

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Geez, this is pretty pathetic, Shnurek. You must seriously have no life.

You'd be surprised :)

Members don't see this ad.

nice to c you following crew around like her lapdog

I've never seen someone get so upset over Burnett's law before or be so bad at reading. You would think that being an attending, he would have grown up by now but I guess he's a Toys R Us kid.

Again, I am pretty sure crew is a dude who likes pictures of asian chicks.

Also, it happens when you dredge up half a dozen posts over immature nonsense in the forum I frequent most. :shrug: Your wife taking half of your things or something? You seem grumpy and there is just no legitimate reason for it.

You need to dial it down, man. You're not even half as clever as you think you are :laugh:

By the way Grover is right, you are a lapdog, everyone saw you lapdogging prowler in the other thread. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
You need to dial it down, man. You're not even half as clever as you think you are :laugh:

By the way Grover is right, you are a lapdog, everyone saw you lapdogging prowler in the other thread. :D

:laugh:
Here is what is happening: you're butthurt because we have previously butted heads in a thread so you are jumping on the opportunity to cone after me. You're new here so you wouldnt be aware of the times I've clashed with both prowler (who was spot on in the thread you are referencing) and crew as well. The thing is, I will call out someone who says something ridiculous in one thread and side with them entirely in another if I agree with what they say. All in the same 10 minute span. Everyone in the other thread was calling you a ***** as well so if you need to convince yourself that I am lapdogging for whatever member satisfies your defensive delusion, be my guest. But your butthurt is pretty transparent right now Petey G

For the record, if someone was dredging crap up about you in another thread, derailing the convo over some personal nonsense id "bark" at them as well. How's that for lapdog? :rolleyes:

Sorry for the lash out, just annoyed at this weather more than anything. Anyways, I would just like to say that I agree with you Specter. I don't care who is posting about what. I'll disagree with you in one thread and back you up in the other. I've gone with and against PeteB's opinions in the past, and I am not going to bring up crap from a different thread into this one or vice versa. Hopefully everyone is mature enough to do the same, and not throw out crap like "lapdog" just because 2 people happen to agree about something.

Sorry for the lash out, just annoyed at this weather more than anything. Anyways, I would just like to say that I agree with you Specter. I don't care who is posting about what. I'll disagree with you in one thread and back you up in the other. I've gone with and against PeteB's opinions in the past, and I am not going to bring up crap from a different thread into this one or vice versa. Hopefully everyone is mature enough to do the same, and not throw out crap like "lapdog" just because 2 people happen to agree about something.

:eyebrow:

:D

I've never seen someone get so upset over Burnett's law before or be so bad at reading. You would think that being an attending, he would have grown up by now but I guess he's a Toys R Us kid.

So there was another way to comprehend this statement "You're going to be a terrible doctor and I feel sorry for your patients" if I did not know the esoteric Burnette law??

ooookkkkkkkaaaay.

Please study.

The dot matrix figures were odd. I never would have figured that out. Those were around when I was in college in the late 90's. Whew!

Members don't see this ad :)
So there was another way to comprehend this statement "You're going to be a terrible doctor and I feel sorry for your patients" if I did not know the esoteric Burnette law??

No not really. Typically, however, when people gain new knowledge they don't hold others responsible for their own prior ignorance.

Please stop egging this on :D

No not really. Typically, however, when people gain new knowledge they don't hold others responsible for their own prior ignorance.

Please stop egging this on :D

You can stop this too.

And I don't agree with this rule nor feel I was ignorant: I feel like I was the butt of some joke that I didn't understand until you gave me more information in another thread. A PM would have sufficed.

It does not matter anymore. I really did like alot of the videos and pics. My husband is a fan of star trek/wars and we were rolfing.

You can stop this too.

And I don't agree with this rule nor feel I was ignorant: I feel like I was the butt of some joke that I didn't understand until you gave me more information in another thread. A PM would have sufficed.

It does not matter anymore. I really did like alot of the videos and pics. My husband is a fan of star trek/wars and we were rolfing.

No you stop!

No you stooopppp!

chojinfc.gif

Please..... you're welcome to walk away whenever but you insist on re kindling this each night. I'm not your husband and therefore under no obligation to let you win a fight :smuggrin: you acted foolishly and these repeated attempts to put it off on others is going to prompt objections. There is the pattern of exchange. Your move :bang:

No you stop!

No you stooopppp!

chojinfc.gif

Please..... you're welcome to walk away whenever but you insist on re kindling this each night. I'm not your husband and therefore under no obligation to let you win a fight :smuggrin: you acted foolishly and these repeated attempts to put it off on others is going to prompt objections. There is the pattern of exchange. Your move :bang:

I'm done. You 'win' if that makes you feel like a big man.

There's no need to call other people names simply because they disagree with you

ooookkkkkkkaaaay.

Please study.

I am doing fine, thank you very much. Not all of us want to be stuck with applying to psych.

No lie, I had a wealthy patient who was unhappy with my attending's decision not to get a consult so he made the consult himself by calling the hospital operator and having them page the consultant by pretending he was a doctor.

But in the end, for every annoying patient, you get an appreciative one who makes you remember why you went into medicine.

Where are you getting a 1:1 ratio? I want to go to there.

I don't know whether to laugh or ragequit this thread

I am doing fine, thank you very much. Not all of us want to be stuck with applying to psych.

Now that is a bit rude, is it truly impossible for someone to have a preference for a less competitive field?

What ever happened to Schnurek? Is he ophthotroll?

C'mon, slamming another person's specialty choice? What is this, the pre-med forums? Act like a med student.

That is how med students act. Tell one of your classmates you're interested in FM or peds and just watch the reaction.

That is how med students act. Tell one of your classmates you're interested in FM or peds and just watch the reaction.

You mean that medical students are judgmental? Shocker.

Well that's a thought process that is incorrect. I have friends who want to go into FM, and I go , awesome, good choice.

While I may express concern about the FM residency (due to DNPs exploding etc etc) and thus not want to go into it myself, I full heartedly support anyone who wants to go into family medicine.

It's hilarious when I told people I've chosen to go into FM. Comical. Its almost meme worthy.

Their loss. It's a great choice of a field, especially if you practice out in the midwest or down south. You get to do a ton of things and you make a lot of money. But given that nearly everyone wants to live on the east coast and live in a Manhattan penthouse...

Well that's a thought process that is incorrect. I have friends who want to go into FM, and I go , awesome, good choice.

While I may express concern about the FM residency (due to DNPs exploding etc etc) and thus not want to go into it myself, I full heartedly support anyone who wants to go into family medicine.

I will most likely go into FM. DNPs ain't got nothin on me.

Well, I'm so sorry that you were lucky enough to have a mommy and daddy who cared about you enough to encourage you to do something great with your life (unlike those pathetic ghetto trash who are not fortunate enough to be asian and have society stereotyping them as intelligent and praising them so much that they naturally feel that they are entitle to be and do anything!). I'm soooo sorry you have to deal with these inferior people who whether you like to believe it or not have to live horrible lives, so that your maaaaajjjjesty can become a doctor! Because lord knows that if society were fair and stereotypes/racism/discrimination didn't exist, those "ghetto trash" would have an equal chance at great education and becoming a doctor....which means less room for bright asians such as yourself! I'm just sooo terribly sorry that you have to deal with these inferior people. Perhaps you can try coping with their ghetto-ness by imaging that they're all pretty white, suburban girls without a care in the world or even pretty asian people who are pretending to be rappers. Maybe then you'll feel more comfortable! :D

Well, I'm so sorry that you were lucky enough to have a mommy and daddy who cared about you enough to encourage you to do something great with your life (unlike those pathetic ghetto trash who are not fortunate enough to be asian and have society stereotyping them as intelligent and praising them so much that they naturally feel that they are entitle to be and do anything!). I'm soooo sorry you have to deal with these inferior people who whether you like to believe it or not have to live horrible lives, so that your maaaaajjjjesty can become a doctor! Because lord knows that if society were fair and stereotypes/racism/discrimination didn't exist, those "ghetto trash" would have an equal chance at great education and becoming a doctor....which means less room for bright asians such as yourself! I'm just sooo terribly sorry that you have to deal with these inferior people. Perhaps you can try coping with their ghetto-ness by imaging that they're all pretty white, suburban girls without a care in the world or even pretty asian people who are pretending to be rappers. Maybe then you'll feel more comfortable! :D

I'm sure there are psychology terms to describe the problems within this post....

Do you mean the problems 'with' my post? Or the problems I am trying to point out?

Its meant to be sarcastic and to exaggerate the psychological issues within his/her post. That's why I wrote it. And yes I can identify the exact terminology...I just didn't think anyone would be interested...

I will most likely go into FM. DNPs ain't got nothin on me.

Best of luck to you. I didn't mention this in my previous post, but I also can't really stand outpatient general medicine (so as not to appear that only the DNP questions were the reason behind me not liking FM). In the hospital is where it's at.

Because lord knows that if society were fair and stereotypes/racism/discrimination didn't exist, those "ghetto trash" would have an equal chance at great education and becoming a doctor....which means less room for bright asians such as yourself!

Actually, the so called "ghetto trash" (offensive term, but just quoting what was originally said) have a better chance at getting into med school than asians because they are under-represented minorities. So I don't think discrimination really applies in this context. It's more a problem of poverty, bad living conditions, and the lack of value placed on education in those communities.

Makes fun of people generalizing their patients as "pathetic ghetto trash" (don't think that was actually said by anyone) by generalizing all medical students as smart, privileged asians with full parental support.

scumbag_steve_hat_sticker-p217526607120988353bah05_400.jpg

GTFO of our forum, psychology student.

Actually, the so called "ghetto trash" (offensive term, but just quoting what was originally said) have a better chance at getting into med school than asians because they are under-represented minorities. So I don't think discrimination really applies in this context. It's more a problem of poverty, bad living conditions, and the lack of value placed on education in those communities.

In reality the majority of minorities who benefit from affirmative action are minorities who have not come from "the ghetto" and who genuinely deserve to be where they are. But that's an entirely different issue. The cycle of discrimination is what created the "ghettos", the poverty, poor schools and living conditions. It even creates the "lack of value placed on education in those communities". If you do a little research on the psychological effects of discrimination you will understand what I'm talking about. Psychologists have done a lot of research on how discrimination can change bright, loving children into hateful, lazy...quite evil beings. I have even read studies conducted that illustrate that if you are told that you will not do well on an exam, you will do poorly despite knowing the answers. So imagine what "ghetto" children must be experiencing with constant racism and messages telling them that they are "evil, criminals" that have low I.Q.s and will never amount to anything. Do you think these children will bother trying to escape the poverty? Or do you think they will rebel against a society that they feel is unfair? Some will try (mainly those who have parents who refuse to accept unfair treatment). But a lot will not. And those same children who rebel will grow up and have more children who rebel...thus the cycle continues.

Makes fun of people generalizing their patients as "pathetic ghetto trash" (don't think that was actually said by anyone) by generalizing all medical students as smart, privileged asians with full parental support.

scumbag_steve_hat_sticker-p217526607120988353bah05_400.jpg

GTFO of our forum, psychology student.

I think you need to learn how to read. I was respond to the original poster who wrote a long, racist and ridiculous rant that just so happened to be on the home page of this forum!! I was not making generalizations about medical students all being asians. I was STRICTLY replying to the OP. I know that the OP is in the minority. Most med students are probably cool people (of ALL races). But that individual was an idiot...hence the reason why he's banned...(I hope).

I hope you're not attacking me because you agree with the OP...Because that would make you an idiot.

No...it was directed at the OP...Which I assume the majority of these responses are directed to...Unless I've entered the twilight zone and people no longer can respond to the OP...

No...it was directed at the OP...Which I assume the majority of these responses are directed to...Unless I've entered the twilight zone and people no longer can respond to the OP...

normally people quote the person they are responding to and don't respond to people who have been banned :shrug:

I think you need to learn how to read. I was respond to the original poster who wrote a long, racist and ridiculous rant that just so happened to be on the home page of this forum!! I was not making generalizations about medical students all being asians. I was STRICTLY replying to the OP. I know that the OP is in the minority. Most med students are probably cool people (of ALL races). But that individual was an idiot...hence the reason why he's banned...(I hope).

I hope you're not attacking me because you agree with the OP...Because that would make you an idiot.

Alright, never mind then. For the record, I obviously don't agree with OP.

Reason I posted what I did is because two wrongs don't make a right, and if you were being sarcastic, it did not come across to me. Also, I retract the whole "no one ever said ghetto trash thing" since I had to re-read the OP to find myself in error.

Anyways, part of me is glad he's banned, but part of me is sad that he has a high chance of going into neither pathology, radiology, or research only, and some poor poor patient is going to have to be seen by him.