I just submitted my application today - is it considered late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

planisphere

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my application (everything is in - DAT score, transcripts, letters, etc).
Is this considered late? It took some time working on my essay. First batch or definitely not first batch?

Members don't see this ad.

I just submitted my application (everything is in - DAT score, transcripts, letters, etc).
Is this considered late? It took some time working on my essay. First batch or definitely not first batch?
it doesn't matter, cannot be changed

trust the process...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Omg July is considered late?...
I think what they're trying to get at, is that you've submitted your app, yes? You can't go back and try to submit it earlier, no? (Not trying to say you SHOULD, but more inquiring if you COULD.) The rhetorical answer is 'no'. Now, with that out of the way (as in, the past), you can do two things in the present (these are within your control): stress...OR, not stress and be solution-oriented. Either way nothing changes so why pick the first option? Pick the latter, not the former, live your life and play out the waiting game. Trust the process.

Reactions: 1 user
I understand, but schools have sent out II's already (see different thread) so you could surmise you aren't first-batch. :)
I didn't expect them to start reviewing this early. My chance decreased for submitting one month after open, ridiculous!

I didn't expect them to start reviewing this early. My chance decreased for submitting one month after open, ridiculous!
Technically everything opened in May, and the first day to submit was June 1st. A good chunk of applicants used those weeks to work on their app/essays so they could submit immediately. It's rolling admissions, so the earlier you apply, the better your chances are. Obviously you are not early nor are you in the first batch, but nothing can be done/you can't apply earlier than you already have, so there's no point in overthinking things. Just work on secondaries as they come in and have those submitted asap.

Reactions: 1 users