I just withdrew my acceptance from [this] school, c/o 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

free99

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to those who are freshly admitted! Now that the dust has settled from the December 2nd explosion, let's turn our attention to those on waitlists who are still anxiously awaiting their first acceptance by documenting the schools from which we've withdrawn our acceptances. I hope this thread gives some hope to people who are in limbo and feel defeated after yesterday's flurry of activity!

I'll be withdrawing today from:
-LECOM and
-NYU

hope some sdn'ers get those slots!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Good thread.

Not going to get my hopes up or anything but I probably will take a quick glance at this thread once every week or two.

Last edited:
Withdrawing acceptance from UoP today. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Cancelled my interview in Colorado in January, I know it's not an acceptance withdrawal, but might be helpful to someone

Will be withdrawing from:
- MWU-AZ
- Minnesota

Reactions: 1 user
This is an important thread. A lot of us (myself included) have benefited from these forums and other people's efforts on here, immensely. All of us need to give back: Withdraw when you know you are not going to be going to a certain school.

Congrats to all.

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrawing my acceptance to Oklahoma today. Good luck to whoever is on the wait list!!

Have one acceptance right now but once I get some more I will be posting on here lol. Keep the nyu withdrawals coming so I can get off the waitlist :)

I will be withdrawing from LECOM, Western, NYU today. Good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
Good thread.

Not going to get my hopes up or anything but I probably will take a quick glance at this thread once every week or two.
Or, once every minute or two.

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrawing from Meharry today. Good luck everyone!

Temple and maryland here. Hope you cool cats get the spots.

Just withdrew my interview from Case Western for Friday. Not sure if anyone is going to get anything from that. Also withdrawing my acceptance from NOVA and NYU in the next few hours. Hold your heads up high and good luck everyone!!!!!!!

You could edit your original post with tally data on how many withdraws from which schools. Would take some effort to keep it up to date though...

Will be withdrawing from NYU as well.

OP, great thread. Everyone else, please keep this updated so those on waitlists can gain some hope!

You could edit your original post with tally data on how many withdraws from which schools. Would take some effort to keep it up to date though...
I considered that, but I don't have the will power to keep it up. If the thread turns out to be something valuable, searching within the thread for keywords might be the way to go.

btw, nice jump to "dental student" status! still hard to believe it's real...

Wow, you guys made your decisions quite fast!
I've yet to hear from more schools, so I can't withdraw just yet. Hopefully I see more withdrawals from my top school here, so I can get off their waitlist, although I doubt that would be the case :/

Last edited:
Withdrawing from UPenn.....can't handle that tuition with such good cheaper options in hand.

Withdrawing my interview from UoP in January. I think UoP accepts a lot of people who they interview, so hopefully, this will help someone out!

Also, I think people that got scholarships to Case received phone calls yesterday. Well, I didn't get a phone call, so I will likely be withdrawing my acceptance later in the week. It stinks, though! I loved the school, but I have much cheaper options. Oh well... It was a great experience regardless, and the school was extremely kind to me. :)

Withdrawing Acceptance: MWU-AZ, UMich(OOS)
Canceling Interview: UNLV(OOS), WVU(OOS)

Cancelled my interview in Houston. Hope that helps someone out!

Interviews:
canceled NOVA, WesternU

Withdrawing Acceptances:
Pitt, NYU, UNLV, MWU (most likely)

Cancelled interview at Maryland

Hi guys! As soon as my deposit to Stony Brook is cashed, I will withdraw acceptances from these schools:

Nova
UDM
Maryland
NYU

Best of luck to everyone, there is A LOT of time for movement and change to happen. So keep the faith :thumbup:.

Reactions: 3 users
I will most likely turn down case western in the coming weeks

Canceled interview Pitt, Buffalo
Turn down NYU

Torn between UDM and UMINN ( leaning towards UMINN though )

Lots of people turning down NYU eh, good luck to those on the wait list!

Turning down Case and Nova acceptances. Was a very hard decision.

Canceling interviews at NYU and LECOM.

Good luck everyone! Hang in there.

Are you guys emailing the schools you are turning down? How are you notifying them?

Why is everyone turning down NYU? I got into western and udm but am waitlisted for nyu? I thought it was a great school. I'm considering withdrawing my app since it western is my pick being from Oregon.

Why is everyone turning down NYU? I got into western and udm but am waitlisted for nyu? I thought it was a great school. I'm considering withdrawing my app since it western is my pick being from Oregon.
I guess people are withdrawing because of the cost. It's a great school nonetheless

I'm probably withdrawing from Roseman, Case and Loma Linda. I also just turned down an interview in Tennessee.

Turning down Case offer as well.

Also just withdrew from Michigan. Hope one of you cool cats on the waitlist gets it.

So am I correct in assuming we'll be classmates?
haha. pretty much. Still have logistics to figure out for fiancee, but pretty much. haha. I'm excited and I love Dallas

haha. pretty much. Still have logistics to figure out for fiancee, but pretty much. haha. I'm excited and I love Dallas
Oof. I remember when my wife and I both applied to grad school...was the most stressful year of our lives. I hope everything goes smoothly for you two!