I Love CVS!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nnguyenc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
really i do...discuss

Members don't see this ad.

Good for you. Really, it's good when people love their jobs.

Members don't see this ad :)
what do you love more? the 100 PCI calls or the 3 pharmacy calls, 2 lanes of drive thru, and angry customer that all happen at once...every 60 seconds.
I think my new love is going to be the new customer savings initiative. yippee! more work! :)

honestly, most days i do like it at the end of the day...because i have a great team. but as more and more programs roll out, and more and more hours get cut..the company..ehh. and customer savings thing is going to be a huge pain in the ass if it is done correctly. so we will probably just be "pencil whipping" it to be honest with you.

but kudos to you if you really love it that much. are you a new hire?

seem like there are so many negative threads so far

just trying to restore balance

been with the company 10 years

There is always balance, but by definition balance does not infer a 50/50 balance of positives and negatives.

In CVS's case, their negatives far outweigh their positives (if any) and therefore the balance point is far towards the negative side.

And yes, my last day was 5 days ago after 3 to 4 years of hell and just in time to avoid the CSI calls, along with PCI, and every other telemarketer list along with two full service drive through lanes, two pick up and two drop off in store areas, internet/fax/phone/dropoff/re/fills... not to mention Prior auths, DUR's, etc....

Thank God im done.

really i do...discuss

Tell us why.

Do you love your store or CVS? And its probably a one sided love because to them your just a number and
if your numbers go down, they will drop you like its hot.

Im really sad i cannot be a part of these programs any longer...as are my techs here at Lifecare Pharmacy...:smuggrin: We got out just in time!

Members don't see this ad :)
HAHA, thats hilarious... im with you on that one...

Given the amount of discussion that's gone on on this forum recently regarding CVS, I was really hoping that this thread would turn into an all-out, flame pit pissing contest. I'm still holding out hope though.

How do people get away with not doing PCI calls?

I have yet to find a way. Let me know if you know of one. I work my tail off to get the Q cleared, only to have to make calls in hopes of filling it up again? You are kidding me!
Here's my PCI call strategy:
I call the numbers on the list, ask for the person listed, if not there then I make chit chat with whoever answers "oh, this is Haley with CVS Pharmacy on East & Southwest, we just do courtesy calls on the weekends, checking in on everybody. If Mr. Jones wants to call us, that's fine but if he doesn't then that's fine too. I am so sorry to bother you.." ...watching the timer the whole time..Once the phone hits 25 seconds or 30 seconds, you are good (so I've been told by the DM)...
I also leave the same "courtesy call" message on machines WITHOUT MENTIONING ANY NAMES OR MEDICATIONS. If it hits 30 seconds, you get credit.
Now another tech that we have, who is not certified to do production, so of course she doesn't care if she does fill up the Q, it is no extra work for her, she spends ALL day doing PCI calls to avoid the register.."Mrs. Jones, you haven't had your Plavix since December 7, did you want to get that refilled? What about your Cymbalta? It is overdue for a refill, did you want that one? Okay well what about Nasonex? You haven't had that in over a month either." It literally takes her about 3 or 4 mins per call and we end up filling them because she tells people "this med is overdue on its refill. you are out of it." so they just agree..then they get angry at pick-up because they don't take it anymore, etc etc...
Now of course CVS WANTS us to do it her way, I guess, and fill scripts..but honestly..ha. Yeah right.
So by the time I've made 6 or 7 calls, she has made 1 and we are filling all these scripts for Mrs. Jones that I PROMISE you we will be returning. Meanwhile I am having to catch the register while this girl takes ALL DAY to do calls and then I have to clear the Q again. :thumbdown:
For the record, a lot of people are a lot more receptive to he "courtesy call" approach, especially old folks who are confused enough about their meds already.

I have yet to find a way. Let me know if you know of one. I work my tail off to get the Q cleared, only to have to make calls in hopes of filling it up again? You are kidding me!
Here's my PCI call strategy:
I call the numbers on the list, ask for the person listed, if not there then I make chit chat with whoever answers "oh, this is Haley with CVS Pharmacy on East & Southwest, we just do courtesy calls on the weekends, checking in on everybody. If Mr. Jones wants to call us, that's fine but if he doesn't then that's fine too. I am so sorry to bother you.." ...watching the timer the whole time..Once the phone hits 25 seconds or 30 seconds, you are good (so I've been told by the DM)...
I also leave the same "courtesy call" message on machines WITHOUT MENTIONING ANY NAMES OR MEDICATIONS. If it hits 30 seconds, you get credit.
Now another tech that we have, who is not certified to do production, so of course she doesn't care if she does fill up the Q, it is no extra work for her, she spends ALL day doing PCI calls to avoid the register.."Mrs. Jones, you haven't had your Plavix since December 7, did you want to get that refilled? What about your Cymbalta? It is overdue for a refill, did you want that one? Okay well what about Nasonex? You haven't had that in over a month either." It literally takes her about 3 or 4 mins per call and we end up filling them because she tells people "this med is overdue on its refill. you are out of it." so they just agree..then they get angry at pick-up because they don't take it anymore, etc etc...
Now of course CVS WANTS us to do it her way, I guess, and fill scripts..but honestly..ha. Yeah right.
So by the time I've made 6 or 7 calls, she has made 1 and we are filling all these scripts for Mrs. Jones that I PROMISE you we will be returning. Meanwhile I am having to catch the register while this girl takes ALL DAY to do calls and then I have to clear the Q again. :thumbdown:
For the record, a lot of people are a lot more receptive to he "courtesy call" approach, especially old folks who are confused enough about their meds already.

I dont understand how they can pile on another stupid program (CSI). They recently slashed my stores tech hours to in half. I'm at a store that does 4,000+ scrpits a week and we have trouble just filling the scripts on time, let alone doing all the little progams they have.

I guess when you gobble up all the other pharmacies it doesnt matter how long your lines are or how horrible the customer service is...

Oh well at least I wont get thrown in jail for misfilling Nasonex

really i do...discuss

I'm still waiting for you to tell us how you do it, Nnguyenc! A lot of us at CVS are dying to learn your secret, or dying to get out of CVS. Please tell us how you do it! I can barely stand working with less help than our competitors PLUS more coming our way (CSI). I don't feel like my techs are paid as well as our competitors, and now more work for them to do with less tech working at the same time. I try to do PCI daily stuff (first fill, new rx pick up calls) so my techs don't have to worry about it because there are other stuff to keep them busy. So if I open in the morning, I do the PCI daily stuff, check workload manager, RTS if report printed by RxConnect, QR md calls, and check scripts. Honestly, I can barely keep up with the md calls, I usually can't get through them until early afternoon. I feel kind of overwhelmed right now, am I the only one????? :mad:

CVS often "slips through" my overtime pay. Once I was not paid 25 min of overtime. When I spoke to the store manager, he advised me that the overtime was "rounded up". I would say rounded DOWN. I let it go - whatever, 25 min. But then it happened again, here and there, when I do 10-15 min overtime. I thought: whatever. I am not gonna fight for 10$ - waste of my time. BUT IT ADDS UP!!!!!
Several days ago, at another store, I wasn't paid my 20 min overtime either. Especially taking into consideration that fact that I CALLED on Saturday , spoke to store manager to make sure all my hours were in. He confirmed that I had 3 hours and 20 minutes of overtime. When I looked at paycheck- I was only paid 3 hours - those 20 minutes were... forgotten. CVS just made 28$ off of me. (my stress and 12-hour standing). So, collegues, WATCH OUT for CORRECT overtime pay. Heaven only knows how many more pharmacists like me are out there...Now I am writing down every single clock in and out, calculating everything not to be screwed.
I have no idea how those 20 minutes overtime disappeared from the system.

Last edited:
CVS is such a pathetic company to work for!

lol @ customer savings initiative

sooner or later some rph is going to crack under the pressure and go postal (and i really do hate to say this) and cvs will really get the CSI they're looking for

Found out today that more hours are being cut and CSI goes live Monday.

Seriously dont know how it is possible anymore.

Agreed. The sad part is you get bitching non stop about CSI... as if it is the next biggest thing. I can hear my boss yelling at me already.

I cant wait until I meet the ******s in corporate who have nothing to do except come up with such genius programs...

Agreed. The sad part is you get bitching non stop about CSI... as if it is the next biggest thing. I can hear my boss yelling at me already.

I cant wait until I meet the ******s in corporate who have nothing to do except come up with such genius programs...

You still planning on climbing the corporate ladder?

Found out today that more hours are being cut and CSI goes live Monday.

Seriously dont know how it is possible anymore.

I already asked my pharmacist what will be the easiest way to sidestep this program..we are planning on putting "patient declines" for ours..maybe occasionally follow through with it..how is it scored?? I mean can we be held responsible if people really want to stay with their med. *hits head on wall thinking about generic substitution report*...nevermind. Well we are going to do that anyways, probably. We don't have time for this BS. I am not calling the pharmacist to the drive-thru window, he is not stopping at 5:00 to update the report, I am not dealing with "oh well if it is cheaper then why didn't you switch me already? why wouldn't I want whatever is cheaper? Yes, switch it now. What? You haven't already called my Doctor? Now I have to make 2 trips? Do you know how much gas costs? I am on a fixed income. Call the doctor NOW. I am not making another trip!" :confused:

And to whoever suggested calling in a complaint as a customer, how would you do that?
Complain that...drive-thru was too long (i.e, NEED MORE TECHS)
Results in.... angry call from corporate "greet within 15 seconds! keep the line moving!"
Complain that...pick-up line was too long (i.e, YOU NEED MORE TECHS!)
Results in...angry call from corporate "send production to help at pick-up!"
Complain that...wait time was too long (i.e., YOU NEED MORE TECHS!)
Results in..."All scripts should be ready in 10 minutes!"

REALLY...This is no solution!!!! :rolleyes:

Okay, let's start taking bets..how long after CSI will ANOTHER program roll out? I say 6 months we'll have something else too...

I already asked my pharmacist what will be the easiest way to sidestep this program..we are planning on putting "patient declines" for ours..maybe occasionally follow through with it..how is it scored?? I mean can we be held responsible if people really want to stay with their med. *hits head on wall thinking about generic substitution report*...nevermind. Well we are going to do that anyways, probably. We don't have time for this BS. I am not calling the pharmacist to the drive-thru window, he is not stopping at 5:00 to update the report, I am not dealing with "oh well if it is cheaper then why didn't you switch me already? why wouldn't I want whatever is cheaper? Yes, switch it now. What? You haven't already called my Doctor? Now I have to make 2 trips? Do you know how much gas costs? I am on a fixed income. Call the doctor NOW. I am not making another trip!" :confused:

And to whoever suggested calling in a complaint as a customer, how would you do that?
Complain that...drive-thru was too long (i.e, NEED MORE TECHS)
Results in.... angry call from corporate "greet within 15 seconds! keep the line moving!"
Complain that...pick-up line was too long (i.e, YOU NEED MORE TECHS!)
Results in...angry call from corporate "send production to help at pick-up!"
Complain that...wait time was too long (i.e., YOU NEED MORE TECHS!)
Results in..."All scripts should be ready in 10 minutes!"

REALLY...This is no solution!!!! :rolleyes:

Okay, let's start taking bets..how long after CSI will ANOTHER program roll out? I say 6 months we'll have something else too...

+1. All good points.

Bottom line is people are not going to want to wait and have to make a 2nd trip to pick up the cheaper med. This program is nothing but fail.

Even before this program launches, I've already had 8 million faxs, 2 followup calls from coporate about our staff getting trained with the damn modules, in this week alone.

And if needed, the faxes will be sent to MD for the changes, but pt will be informed that it would be at the next fill.

Pt declining is a good idea

Why nnguyenc, why still no response from you. Our store really need your help. Our team hate CVS more and more each day, our pharmacy manager is treating us like dirt, everybody wants to quit, PLEASE HELP!!

wow, no doubt CVS is now the worst retail company to work for...who's closely behind? haha, walgreens??

I'm wondering why no one has gone to the media about CVS yet. The way pharmacy is practiced in most CVS stores is somewhat dangerous to the patients who decide to use its pharmacy services. The public needs to be informed. The news is a great way to get our message across. Someone, however, has to step up.

Many newly hired, incompetent technicians responsible for patient medications; emphasis placed on initiatives mainly focused on making more money for the company at the expense of the patient; cutting technician hours. There are too many things that are wrong.

Things are only getting worse and worse. The wrong people are making decisions--corporate is dictating how a pharmacy should be run looking at only numbers.

I'm wondering why no one has gone to the media about CVS yet. The way pharmacy is practiced in most CVS stores is somewhat dangerous to the patients who decide to use its pharmacy services. The public needs to be informed. The news is a great way to get our message across. Someone, however, has to step up.

Many newly hired, incompetent technicians responsible for patient medications; emphasis placed on initiatives mainly focused on making more money for the company at the expense of the patient; cutting technician hours. There are too many things that are wrong.

Things are only getting worse and worse. The wrong people are making decisions--corporate is dictating how a pharmacy should be run looking at only numbers.

There was a huge story done by Dateline about Pharmacy errors and untrained staff working in the pharmacy. It mostly bashed Walgreens and was quite brutal and honest. It aired and nothing happened or changed. People do not care if the pharmacy is dangerous. They want thier meds and thier Big Macs RIGHT NOW with no waiting. If a mistake happens they grab a lawyer and get rich. That is why nothing has changed, the public is not interested yet. Wait for a string of high profile errors resulting in death at CVS and Walgreens due to under staffing and/or poorly trained staff then the public may take notice.

And yes, my last day was 5 days ago after 3 to 4 years of hell and just in time to avoid the CSI calls, along with PCI, and every other telemarketer list along with two full service drive through lanes, two pick up and two drop off in store areas, internet/fax/phone/dropoff/re/fills... not to mention Prior auths, DUR's, etc....

Can you tell me more about this CSI? From what I understand it is an initiative that encourages pharmacists to call patients and prescribers when their is a cheaper generic available. It sounds like a huge headache and a waste of more time on the part of the RPh, prescriber and their staff, AND the patient. Are the pharamacists going to be "scored" on how many patients they can switch? What medications are on this "list?" Thank you for any information you have!

wow, no doubt CVS is now the worst retail company to work for...who's closely behind? haha, walgreens??

This is such a great thread. Funny to hear about "great new ideas" like CSI.

I am going on 5 years with walgreens, and the last 2.5 years have been awful as they (corporate execs) make all kinds of cuts, including cutting my pay by about 20%, and pretend that the company is going under, when in fact it is raking in the cash right now.

Thanks. This thread has given me some insight.

There was a huge story done by Dateline about Pharmacy errors and untrained staff working in the pharmacy. It mostly bashed Walgreens and was quite brutal and honest. It aired and nothing happened or changed. People do not care if the pharmacy is dangerous. They want thier meds and thier Big Macs RIGHT NOW with no waiting. If a mistake happens they grab a lawyer and get rich. That is why nothing has changed, the public is not interested yet. Wait for a string of high profile errors resulting in death at CVS and Walgreens due to under staffing and/or poorly trained staff then the public may take notice.

Understaffed :thumbup: Poorly trained staff :thumbup: People want no waiting :thumbup:

CVS often "slips through" my overtime pay. Once I was not paid 25 min of overtime. When I spoke to the store manager, he advised me that the overtime was "rounded up". I would say rounded DOWN. I let it go - whatever, 25 min. But then it happened again, here and there, when I do 10-15 min overtime. I thought: whatever. I am not gonna fight for 10$ - waste of my time. BUT IT ADDS UP!!!!!
Several days ago, at another store, I wasn't paid my 20 min overtime either. Especially taking into consideration that fact that I CALLED on Saturday , spoke to store manager to make sure all my hours were in. He confirmed that I had 3 hours and 20 minutes of overtime. When I looked at paycheck- I was only paid 3 hours - those 20 minutes were... forgotten. CVS just made 28$ off of me. (my stress and 12-hour standing). So, collegues, WATCH OUT for CORRECT overtime pay. Heaven only knows how many more pharmacists like me are out there...Now I am writing down every single clock in and out, calculating everything not to be screwed.
I have no idea how those 20 minutes overtime disappeared from the system.

Can you sue them?

Yes, I fear a "going postal" reaction to all of the pressure this company puts on us. It feels like there's not enough time to be a pharmacist, just a telemarketer and tree killer. Never seen so much paper wasted in my life. Save the trees! LOL! Seriously, enough already. Let us do our jobs. oQUOTE=jachen84;9285819]lol @ customer savings initiative

sooner or later some rph is going to crack under the pressure and go postal (and i really do hate to say this) and cvs will really get the CSI they're looking for[/QUOTE]

Yes, I fear a "going postal" reaction to all of the pressure this company puts on us. It feels like there's not enough time to be a pharmacist, just a telemarketer and tree killer. Never seen so much paper wasted in my life. Save the trees! LOL! Seriously, enough already. Let us do our jobs. oQUOTE=jachen84;9285819]lol @ customer savings initiative

sooner or later some rph is going to crack under the pressure and go postal (and i really do hate to say this) and cvs will really get the CSI they're looking for
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the paper waste is unbelievable, just so I don't feel about all the trees being killed, I just put whatever printout the computer gives me into the patient's packet.

Wow it took a whole month for you to reply to this thread. I had the over under at 2 days. You held off as long as you could......

Notice, I didn't touch the CVS thing. I just wanted to know what his job really was. Just curious....