I need som advice, Please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MsaSpakalO

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok here is the deal, when I was a young lad of 16 I got myself into trouble with the law leaving my criminal record scarred :( . Since then I went on to college and now I am doing very well :) . My ? is, is it still possible for me to get into a good med school or med school at all, will this hinder me from pursuing my life's dream? :confused: Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanx

Members don't see this ad.

MsaSpakalO said:
Ok here is the deal, when I was a young lad of 16 I got myself into trouble with the law leaving my criminal record scarred :( . Since then I went on to college and now I am doing very well :) . My ? is, is it still possible for me to get into a good med school or med school at all, will this hinder me from pursuing my life's dream? :confused: Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanx

Isn't anything you do as a minor expunged from your record once you turn 18? But in general, if you want to do something badly enough, you'll find a way to do it. You sound like you're doing well now, and if you can show that you truely want to be a doctor (and you have the stats/ECs/recs) to back it up, then you should be ok.

You should search threads on sdn (the button up top). I think this question has been asked before and you might find some good info on other threads. :luck:

tinkerbelle said:
Isn't anything you do as a minor expunged from your record once you turn 18? But in general, if you want to do something badly enough, you'll find a way to do it. You sound like you're doing well now, and if you can show that you truely want to be a doctor (and you have the stats/ECs/recs) to back it up, then you should be ok.

You should search threads on sdn (the button up top). I think this question has been asked before and you might find some good info on other threads. :luck:

Thank you for your advice. They won't expunge my record because it was a felonious act.I am going after a governors pardon, right now so hopefully that will work out, because I did turn my life around 180 degrees. And you are right, I do want this badly enough to do anything for it. For the meantime I just have to keep on truckin'. Thank you for your advice and take care. :)