I really want some interviews!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSmiles12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to stop checking my e-mail, checking the Mailbox, and even coming on SDN. All I can think about is getting an interview! Too bad everyone didn't send invites on the same day so I wouldn't have to drag out the process .:D

Members don't see this ad.

Me Too!! I work 9-5 and the mail comes at around 3-5 so I constantly call home and bug my sister about whether or not the mail has arrived and she's getting pretty annoyed at this point.

Anyhow, I'm also afraid when hotmail decides to not deliver some of emails to me. I have since changed my email address, but too late for that, its already on my application. (I'll keep my fingers crossed)

I got a thin envelope from Penn yesterday and while I was opening it my heart started racing. It turns out that they are reviewing my application and will hear from them via email or snail mail when they come to a decision.

I'm nervous because they're one of my top choices :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too!! I keep logging on my email evey 10 minutes when I am on the computer. I know I need to be patient, but I can't stop. hahaha I really don't like waiting

I got a thin envelope from Penn yesterday and while I was opening it my heart started racing. It turns out that they are reviewing my application and will hear from them via email or snail mail when they come to a decision.

I'm nervous because they're one of my top choices :cool:

Thats funny man, yeah I have learned when I check the mail that if its a thin envelope I might as well close the mailbox and wait for tomorrow!

I got a thin envelope from NOVA and thought it was a rejection but nope, it was an interview invite!

i want one too! Let's not make ourselves crazy though, it's early yet

For those of you checking your e-mail every 10 mins, might I suggest the following:

I registered a separate gmail account specifically for my dental school app stuff. That way I don't get it confused with all the other junk mail I get. Then I downloaded a program called Gmail notifier which installs on Windows and notifies you when you receive e-mail in your gmail account. When I receive mail, a small message pops up that tells me who it's from.

Guys, have patients. It will come when you least expect it. My interview emails came between July to September, so enjoy the process and good luck.

yeah you guys will be fine. its normal to freak out big time. I got interview invites from september all the way through january..and even one in february out of the blue from a school I applied to very last minute. It can come at any time...just b/c you might not be the first group called doesnt mean a thing. Many times..the "first people" called at your #1 school...are called at many others. What does that mean? yes they'll probably get in..but they can only accept 1 spot...leaving spots open for the many other qualified applicants. So no worries yet

Guys, have patients. It will come when you least expect it. My interview emails came between July to September, so enjoy the process and good luck.

The problem is I don't have any patients... That's the reason I want to be a dentist. I unfortunately do have Patience.

karate_kid.jpg

I still remember receiving my first interview last year, it was at the end of September, so you guys still have time. I was drinking beer all day in Denver, I was completely hammered, when I got home I had a interview offer. This was after several rejections. So sometimes you will receive the bad news about a school before you obtain some good.
Pass the time with a activity so you arent stressing out. It will happen when its suppose to. Go have a drink, it may only be 8am but its never to early to start.

I still remember receiving my first interview last year, it was at the end of September, so you guys still have time. I was drinking beer all day in Denver, I was completely hammered, when I got home I had a interview offer. This was after several rejections. So sometimes you will receive the bad news about a school before you obtain some good.
Pass the time with a activity so you arent stressing out. It will happen when its suppose to. Go have a drink, it may only be 8am but its never to early to start.

God, it feels like last week for me when we were out there. I know MANY people from our cycle who didn't receive any attention initially were successful in getting in.