ICO off campus housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

w.puggy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to ICO and I know that most first year students live in the RC. I don't really like the idea of dorms so I was wondering if anyone knows any good off campus housing near the school. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Look North of the campus. What I would do is email the school's applicant ambassador program and ask them.

Btw the dorms were pretty awesome.

Members don't see this ad :)
Look North of the campus. What I would do is email the school's applicant ambassador program and ask them.

Btw the dorms were pretty awesome.

I didn't like the dorms only because they didn't have a kitchen. That's why I'm looking for off campus housing. But why do you think the dorms were awesome?

They have this Off Campus Housing Guide as well: http://my.ico.edu/file/OffCampusHousingGuide2013-14.pdf
If you're in the Facebook group, you should ask the current first year student who's in the group page for some advice too!

Thanks for the link and the idea!

You can read my old posts for further perspective regarding the dorms, but in a nutshell it was really convenient and comfortable which is exactly what I value. The dorms have a community kitchen. I was car-less and way out-of-state so furniture would've been hard for me to acquire furniture or routine trips to the grocery store, and I really didn't want to travel to get to school by taking public transportation. It just fit my lifestyle so much more and I stayed in the dorms for all four years with no regrets.

It was cozy and nice but surely you can turn any place into home for you. I just wanted it to be great with minimal effort on my part in terms of traveling, setting up, meals, etc; and I made a lot of friends all four years.

You can read my old posts for further perspective regarding the dorms, but in a nutshell it was really convenient and comfortable which is exactly what I value. The dorms have a community kitchen. I was car-less and way out-of-state so furniture would've been hard for me to acquire furniture or routine trips to the grocery store, and I really didn't want to travel to get to school by taking public transportation. It just fit my lifestyle so much more and I stayed in the dorms for all four years with no regrets.

It was cozy and nice but surely you can turn any place into home for you. I just wanted it to be great with minimal effort on my part in terms of traveling, setting up, meals, etc; and I made a lot of friends all four years.

Thanks for the input! I'm kind of leaning towards the dorms now. Haha

They do have a kitchen on the first floor that's shared by everyone. The kitchen had lots of fridges, two stoves, and almost anything you needed to cook with (pots, pans, etc.). Did you stay the night at the RC before your interview? A lot of the students I asked said they didn't cook much even though the kitchen is there.

They do have a kitchen on the first floor that's shared by everyone. The kitchen had lots of fridges, two stoves, and almost anything you needed to cook with (pots, pans, etc.). Did you stay the night at the RC before your interview? A lot of the students I asked said they didn't cook much even though the kitchen is there.

I didn't stay on the RC the night before the interview so I didn't know there was a shared kitchen. Thanks for letting me know! I don't mind sharing a kitchen, just need to make some homemade food once in awhile :)

I should have mentioned that before then! I just re-read through your posts. That was also one of my concerns of the RC as well until a first year student showed me the shared kitchen.