ICO vs UIWRSO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pre-optometry student

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide if I want to go to ICO or UIWRSO. I have been accepted to ICO just recently and I was accepted into UIWRSO months ago, so I all ready put down all my deposits for the school. Also, Texas is cheaper to live in and it is warmer then Chicago. However ICO seems to have a better reputation then UIWRSO. I'm not sure which school is the better choice. Also, ICO has a huge class size compared to UIWRSO.

Members don't see this ad.

My opinions:
-class size is irrelevant when <200
-I'm not sure if UIWRSO is accredited, but I wouldn't attend a non-accredited school
-chicago housing isn't that expensive (400-800/month rent is out there), I think they have a high sales tax though 10%
-consider if you have attachments in Texas or Chicago.
-consider how you felt about the facilities on your interview
-consider tuition cost differences
- a lot of people will say that it doesn't matter which school you graduate from, and it's true that patient's won't care, but non-corporate employers will likely consider it.

My opinions:
-class size is irrelevant when <200
-I'm not sure if UIWRSO is accredited, but I wouldn't attend a non-accredited school
-chicago housing isn't that expensive (400-800/month rent is out there), I think they have a high sales tax though 10%
-consider if you have attachments in Texas or Chicago.
-consider how you felt about the facilities on your interview
-consider tuition cost differences
- a lot of people will say that it doesn't matter which school you graduate from, and it's true that patient's won't care, but non-corporate employers will likely consider it.

Both are accredited.