If a friend gets an interview and u dont..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charge!

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi - A friend of mine and I have applied to the same institution for an IM categorical interview. Both of us turned our applications over the weekend, she on Fridayish and me on Saturday. She has gotten an interview offer and I haven't heard anything yet. Should I assume I won't be getting an interview? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi - A friend of mine and I have applied to the same institution for an IM categorical interview. Both of us turned our applications over the weekend, she on Fridayish and me on Saturday. She has gotten an interview offer and I haven't heard anything yet. Should I assume I won't be getting an interview? :confused:

Did you both submit a photo?

I didn't turn in a photo. Not sure about her

No, don't assume you won't get an interview. This has happened to me, where a friend of mine got an interview at a place that we both applied to, and a few days later I got one too. Just give it some time!

Thank you :) Perhaps I am a bit too overeager. Good Luck to y'all at ur end.

Never assume anything!!! It just may be they haven't gotten to your app yet and hers is 30 or 40 ahead of you. Patients grasshoppa, patience!

I say you have the right to bludgeon her to death with a Harrison's, then go to her interview.

Thank you for all of ur comments. I just wanted to let you know that I got the INTERVIEW! :D Now if only Emory and UAB would hurry up ;), but never mind I have learnt my lesson. Thank you and good luck to y'all :thumbup:

even though you already got an interview, i thought i'd post just for any other readers.
I had been freaking out a little because I had been following the thread in my specialty about people getting interviews and for the most part I was getting the same ones as them. A few I didnt, and I just thought well, I'm not what they are looking for, but then a few weeks later I got an invite from one of those!
So...you never know.

I agree with you and furthermore, I was assuming that if you get late invites then you aren't as competetive for the programs as the early invitees.. Well..
I happened to run into the PD of the program which I had applied to at a Residency fair and decided to introduce myself to him... His 1st words to me when I introduced myself to him were, " I know you. You have a very impressive resume." :D Subsequent to this comment v had a very pleasant conversation so moral of the story is, "NEVER GIVE UP!" Anyways, Good LUCK to everybody. May all of u match where u want to.