If I applied for BS/MD program in high school, should I say that I have previously applied?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spector1

Orbis non Sufficit
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I applied for BS/MD program in high school, should I say that I have previously applied to that medical school? I previously applied for a bs/md program four years ago and was granted a final round interview with both the dean of the undergraduate honors college and the assistant dean of the medical school but was ultimately denied. Now I've graduated undergrad am applying normally to that same medical school again and the secondary for that school asks if I have previously applied to that school of medicine and if so what additional qualifications have I gained? Should I say yes or no? Which wold be more helpful for me since you could kinda go both ways since I technically applied to that school's undergraduate honors college as part of their guaranteed bs/md program. I guess the main qualification I have gained is a bachelors degree... Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hahaha...that's definitely a new one. No... pretty sure it's no.

Would be pretty hilarious if you said yes and started talking about how you improved since you last "applied". ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Call the school and ask. I have a similar situation. Applied to early assurance in my undergrad. Had interview and was ultimately denied. I called the med school and they said I was a reaplicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Call the school and ask. I have a similar situation. Applied to early assurance in my undergrad. Had interview and was ultimately denied. I called the med school and they said I was a reaplicant.

Are you serial?

Wow... this process... sense, it makes not.

I called them earlier today but this med school's admission office doesnt seem to be good at picking up the phone

It probably wouldn't hurt. Just shows how much you want to get into their school!

It probably wouldn't hurt. Just shows how much you want to get into their school!

That is true, and I suppose if I remind them that I applied for BS/MD, they might dig up my file from then which couldn't be that bad since I got a final round interview with the assistant dean of the med school.

Probably not.

They're more than likely referring to a direct application to their med school, not an associated BS/MD program.

On the other hand, it also wouldn't hurt to mention that you did apply to the BS/MD program (with a final interview) just to show that you're serious about going there if accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
No. I applied to a BS/MD program in high school and was rejected. I never even considered that I would be a "reapplicant" and I never had any problems.

Wonder what they thought when they saw your application three years later

I would think no..you were applying as an 18 year old first off to a BS program, not to the MD school. A reapplicant status may hurt your chances

i also believe that the intention was to look for reapplicants, not for potential bs/md students so i would also vote for no