If you complete a graduate certificate, are you considered Alumni?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cee

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just curious.. if i'm going to get a grad certificate, i'd like to at least have the privileges of an alum (albeit a monthly newsletter and access to campus facilities designated for alumni, like career center stuff and libraries)

if you earn a graduate certificate, are you alumni?

Members don't see this ad.

cee said:
just curious.. if i'm going to get a grad certificate, i'd like to at least have the privileges of an alum (albeit a monthly newsletter and access to campus facilities designated for alumni, like career center stuff and libraries)

if you earn a graduate certificate, are you alumni?

I think it depends on the school. I can't say why you would not be considered an alumni since you earned something from that school. You paid tuition and so forth. Thats probably where the answer is. If your tuition included some sort of support to the programs you mentioned, the school would probably consider you an alumni.

My school doesn't give out grad certificates though, so I am not an expert on this.

relentless11 said:
I think it depends on the school. I can't say why you would not be considered an alumni since you earned something from that school. You paid tuition and so forth. Thats probably where the answer is. If your tuition included some sort of support to the programs you mentioned, the school would probably consider you an alumni.

My school doesn't give out grad certificates though, so I am not an expert on this.

ya, i'm just curious.. i dont know what the "criteria" is for being an alum

does anyone out there who is currently obtaining a graduate certificate or has already obtained a graduate certificate know what the deal is with this?