If your a pharmacist please read this:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ava999

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a junior wanting to be a pharmacist. I plan on going to pharmacy school, ect. Since you are a pharmacist can you please tell me about pharmacy school? is it hard? did you ever wanted to give up? Did you have "no life" in college, where you just study all the time? Right now i'm at a professional High schoiol learning how to be a pharm tech, but my true career is to be a pharmacist. Also can you please tell me how life as a pharmacist is? Is it boring?? I know the pay is good, but I want to know what is you guys do. Thanks.
p.s to put it short here are the ?'s:

1. How is pharmacy school? is it hard? how hard?
2. Ever felt like you wanted to give up?
3. Did you have "no life" in college??? since you studied alot?
3. What are some tips that help you survive??
4. Your life as a pharmacist: like what do you do daily.
5. Lifestyle of a pharmacist, like do you live poorly ect.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I'm a junior wanting to be a pharmacist. I plan on going to pharmacy school, ect. Since you are a pharmacist can you please tell me about pharmacy school? is it hard? did you ever wanted to give up? Did you have "no life" in college, where you just study all the time? Right now i'm at a professional High schoiol learning how to be a pharm tech, but my true career is to be a pharmacist. Also can you please tell me how life as a pharmacist is? Is it boring?? I know the pay is good, but I want to know what is you guys do. Thanks.
p.s to put it short here are the ?'s:

1. How is pharmacy school? is it hard? how hard?
2. Ever felt like you wanted to give up?
3. Did you have "no life" in college??? since you studied alot?
3. What are some tips that help you survive??
4. Your life as a pharmacist: like what do you do daily.
5. Lifestyle of a pharmacist, like do you live poorly ect.

Why doesn't your pharm tech school set you up a job shadow so you can talked to a pharmacist and see for yourself? Or you could just set one up on your own.

Pharmacist lifestyle is very similar to the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Houses, cars, jets, fans and drugs...

I can answer questions 1-3.

#1 - Yes and no. The material is not that hard but there is a lot of material. You're going to have to decide which classes to study for and which classes to kinda ignore.

Personally, this semester I can tell already that most of my studying is going to be for Pathology, Pharmacology/Therapeutics/Pharmaceutics.

I already know I'm almost never gonna look at the material for Epidemiology/Biostatistics. I'm willing to get a C/D in that class if it means I'm getting As in Pathology and Pharmacology/Therapeutics. Pharmacy Law/Ethics, it is pretty much a class that I can go to lecture and not have to review after class.

#2 - Nope.

#3 - I have a life, I work a little on the weekends, hang out with my friends on Sunday, and I study 5-10 hours a day in a hookah (smoking) lounge (I'm not bothered by the loud music, I have nice headphones to counter with my own music, main distraction is when some hot girls come in, or when the owner turns on the Xbox.)

Members don't see this ad :)
To OP, please do not double post. You have the same thread in the Pre-Pharmacy board.

I suggest you spend some time and read past threads and search around the boards. Many of the questions you asked have been discussed or you'll have a general good idea of what and how pharmacists and students live, study, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.