I'm in a bit of a pickle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

this_afreekan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so please tell me how my chances are looking so far.
First of all I am starting off at a community college. I attended high school in Kansas City, Missouri and there is this program called A+. If you do it you get 2 years free at the local community college. Will I still be competitive even though I am attending a CC?

Next, I am a freshmen and in my first semester I did not take any science classes, so I am feeling quite behind because some of my friends who are pre-med have already started taking the required science classes. I am thinking of taking bio and anatomy next semester because that is all my schedule allows. Is that a good start? I am planning on taking chem during the summer.

So far I have a 3.25.

Members don't see this ad.

some schools has how many CC credit they will accept, and some don't accept at all.
As long as you are not planning on applying there, I think that's a good way to save money.

tufts - no cc credits at all
boston - no cc prereqs accepted

I know there are few others, but can't remember.

Next, I am a freshmen and in my first semester I did not take any science classes, so I am feeling quite behind because some of my friends who are pre-med have already started taking the required science classes. I am thinking of taking bio and anatomy next semester because that is all my schedule allows. Is that a good start? I am planning on taking chem during the summer. So far I have a 3.25.
You are in a race with your friends?
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...vancement-placement-and-ds-admission.1069984/

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at Tufts with 56 cc credits. Don't worry about it. Wouldn't do too many sciences as the rigor may not prepare you as well for the DAT or dental school in general. I took my intro bio/anatomy at cc and it worked out fine though.

Reactions: 1 user
You're either first or you're last!

roflbot.jpg

Reactions: 1 user