I’m strongly considering using an academic consulting company for my (IMPENDING) reapplication next year. Any recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClashRoyaleKing

Medical School Applicant
Reaction score
I’ve read up on BeMo and Shemmessian, which I will definitely not be using. What I’m looking for is: help with personal statement editing, activities editing, and secondaries editing. I do not need any assistance with interview prep or test prep (all SJT and MCAT). I’m trying to research some other companies, but it’s difficult to tell which are reliable.

What are your thoughts on:
Med School Insiders: $999 for PS revisions and feedback(unlimited revisions), $3499 for 15 schools secondary essays revisions and feedback, $1199 for work/activities revisions and feedback.

I am open to all suggestions, comments, snide remarks, etc.

Most Recent WAMC / Information about my app

Members don't see this ad.

I’ve read up on BeMo and Shemmessian, which I will definitely not be using. What I’m looking for is: help with personal statement editing, activities editing, and secondaries editing. I do not need any assistance with interview prep or test prep (all SJT and MCAT). I’m trying to research some other companies, but it’s difficult to tell which are reliable.

What are your thoughts on:
Med School Insiders: $999 for PS revisions and feedback(unlimited revisions), $3499 for 15 schools secondary essays revisions and feedback, $1199 for work/activities revisions and feedback.

I am open to all suggestions, comments, snide remarks, etc.

Most Recent WAMC / Information about my app
See signature in my posts. Support SDN. Becoming a Student Doctor is just $50 or included with Gold Donor status. BSD will help you more than just your writing or interview prep.

We do have our Advising Services sub-forum too if you want to check on them.

Save your money for your tuition deposits.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I go to a super mid tier unimpressive MD school, but mostly, I rate applicants based on grades/MCAT/activity hours.

The writing is just to tell me if you actually went there and fed those homeless individuals or if you're just lying, ya know? RARELY I'll see an essay and say "Man, we want this gal" or "Wow, this sucks" but usually it's just meh.

I think supporting SDN is a good move. Paying thousands of dollars in my opinion is waaaaay overspending. Those people aren't going to know anything the SDN gods don't know.

I remember wondering "Huh, I think I know how premed admissions works, but maybe I just got lucky...." and then when I joined my school's adcom and looked at the rubric we use I was immediately thinking to myself "SDN was right all along!"

But again, shooting for a T10 school is a different ballgame than what I'm used to, and I only know my school.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I go to a super mid tier unimpressive MD school, but mostly, I rate applicants based on grades/MCAT/activity hours.

The writing is just to tell me if you actually went there and fed those homeless individuals or if you're just lying, ya know? RARELY I'll see an essay and say "Man, we want this gal" or "Wow, this sucks" but usually it's just meh.

I think supporting SDN is a good move. Paying thousands of dollars in my opinion is waaaaay overspending. Those people aren't going to know anything the SDN gods don't know.

I remember wondering "Huh, I think I know how premed admissions works, but maybe I just got lucky...." and then when I joined my school's adcom and looked at the rubric we use I was immediately thinking to myself "SDN was right all along!"

But again, shooting for a T10 school is a different ballgame than what I'm used to, and I only know my school.
Thanks for the Advice, Knight. I’m going to set up an appointment with the link in Mr. Smile’s profile and NOT use a thousand dollar prep. Thanks for dissuading me.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I looked at those numbers and thought "dang, I've been giving it away for free all these years." But it was worth it as a bit of volunteering to help folks in need.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
I looked at those numbers and thought "dang, I've been giving it away for free all these years." But it was worth it as a bit of volunteering to help folks in need.
We grew up before knowing how lucrative it is to be "life coach/influencers."

Of course, we get "paid" once we fill the seats. And there is a feeling of joy to have students you want to teach. :)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Thanks for your service 🫡 What services or platforms for assisting premeds do you offer/recomend?

Trust me, it is not worth the money. The people here are more than enough

Reactions: 1 users
Trust me, it is not worth the money. The people here are more than enough
Ayo you have a similar signature line as me. 50 or so primaries with a few less secondaries, same amount of R's. But you have II. Hope you get an A soon :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Ayo you have a similar signature line as me. 50 or so primaries with a few less secondaries, same amount of R's. But you have II. Hope you get an A soon :)
Thanks, I hope you get an acceptance as well this cycle :)

Reactions: 1 user