IMG student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstud12341993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi! I have a little question for you guys :D Is it possible for an IMG student in the 4th year , to get into an osteopathic residency program after passing the USMLE and COMLEX? Or is it absolutely necessary to finish the osteopatic medical school to be accepted in a osteo. residency? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hi! I have a little question for you guys :D Is it possible for an IMG student in the 4th year , to get into an osteopathic residency program after passing the USMLE and COMLEX? Or is it absolutely necessary to finish the osteopatic medical school to be accepted in a osteo. residency? Thanks
I don't think you're eligible to sit for the comlex as an img and therefore not eligible to apply for the AOA spots. I would try and search "AOA residencies" and see the specifics to each program. I may be wrong in the aspect that all AOA programs only accepted the comlex or both comlex and usmle.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have to be a DO student in good standing to register for the COMLEX, and the COMLEX is a requirement for every osteopathic residency.

Reactions: 2 users
You can't apply for any programs in the AOA (NMS) match. However, there will likely be a lot of programs moving to the ACGME (NRMP) match over the next couple of years. If I were going to be an IMG in the 2017 or 2018 match, I would definitely look into current AOA programs to see if any were about to make the switch.

Reactions: 1 users
Reject bait at school.

Reactions: 1 user