In the area emails-how to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ruby109

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be traveling to a city about 7 hours away in a little less than a month. The school there has issued a few ii but not very many and only to really high stat applicants (I've only seen 3-4 on SDN).
My question: should I send an in the area email (I've read on last years forum that the school is receptive)? How much time prior to my trip should I send the email? And most importantly, how do I format the email?? What do I say so I don't come off as expecting an interview?

And for reference, my application was marked complete at the school on 7/2 so it's been there for a while.

Members don't see this ad.

I will be traveling to a city about 7 hours away in a little less than a month. The school there has issued a few ii but not very many and only to really high stat applicants (I've only seen 3-4 on SDN).
My question: should I send an in the area email (I've read on last years forum that the school is receptive)? How much time prior to my trip should I send the email? And most importantly, how do I format the email?? What do I say so I don't come off as expecting an interview?

And for reference, my application was marked complete at the school on 7/2 so it's been there for a while.
Send it ASAP! If you PM me I can send you a copy of one I sent earlier this year.
Edit: Due to getting quite a few requests for this, I have added it to my MDApplicants. Please do not copy it word for word.

Last edited: