Incarnate Word 2016 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xNeenax

Delano's Minion
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying? I am :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying to Feik School of Pharmacy as well, good luck to you all :).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a current student here so if you guys have any questions, I will try to answer if I can :)

I'm a current student here so if you guys have any questions, I will try to answer if I can :)

:thumbup:

Do you allow pms from people about general information and/or your experiences at Incarnate Word?

I am!!!! :) Good luck everyone!!!:):):):)

Congrats!!!! I just got an interview invite tooo!!!! :D YAY!

It's okay Neena! You will get your invite soon! Keep your head up!:xf:

I am a current P1 student and one of the professors stated that they are trying to do some early interviews as well as interviews in the spring. Good luck to you guys and gals who received an early interview. When is it? I'm sure you're going to enjoy our school

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a current P1 student and one of the professors stated that they are trying to do some early interviews as well as interviews in the spring. Good luck to you guys and gals who received an early interview. When is it? I'm sure you're going to enjoy our school

hey tommy, are you able to let us know why they did some early interviews? Would this mean we have a better chance?

hey tommy, are you able to let us know why they did some early interviews? Would this mean we have a better chance?

They said they are doing interviews now plus in the early part of the year because they normally have most of the applications they are going to get by now.

It's not a rolling admission so I wouldn't say you have a better chance. The only reason why interviews are starting a bit earlier this year is to cut down on the amount of work that occurs during the spring.

Around How many applicants do yall usually have? And also, What is an average PCAT score for uiw..?

It's not a rolling admission so I wouldn't say you have a better chance. The only reason why interviews are starting a bit earlier this year is to cut down on the amount of work that occurs during the spring.

Does this mean that if we interview on in dec, we won't get a response until the cycle is done? So we won't know until next May?

Just got an email back from admission..interviews will be held dec and feb. Notifications will be sent out in March. So yea no better chance for interviewing early. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait for awhile for a response. Goodluck to everyone

Last edited:
I have a feeling I shouldn't ask this but when did everybody, who got an invitation, submit their application?

I have a feeling I shouldn't ask this but when did everybody, who got an invitation, submit their application?

i finished mine almost 2 weeks after pharmacas opened..so pretty early. i think mine got sent out aug 12 or something. Incarnate was the last supplemental I had to do though. They were one of the ones that emailed them out after receiving apps.

I submitted mine mid october :) Good luck to everyone!

I submitted mine mid october :) Good luck to everyone!

awww I submitted mines the first week of October. I think it's safe to say my application went in the trash :(

awww I submitted mines the first week of October. I think it's safe to say my application went in the trash :(
There's still plenty of time. If you didn't receive an interview invite, there is a second round of interviews in the spring. Keep your hopes up.

that sucks that we have to wait until march for notifications :(

that sucks that we have to wait until march for notifications :(

I know first hand that the wating sucks but March is actually really early to know if you got in. Some schools don't let you know till the summer

Hey guys just booked my flight and hotel where are people staying for the Dec. 12 interview?

I'm staying near the riverwalk, this interview has turned into a family vacation :D

Nice! Where are you coming from? I am staying in the Hyatt near the airport, looks pretty close to the school.

Hello guys. m new here.. I have a question.. I just submitted my application through PharmCas for Incarnate Word? The deadline is tomorrow. it will count on time right ?

Hello guys. m new here.. I have a question.. I just submitted my application through PharmCas for Incarnate Word? The deadline is tomorrow. it will count on time right ?

you also need to do the supplemental on time, postmarked by Dec. 1st.

PharmCAS mailing date is usually on Mondays, but I think it depends on if PharmCAS needs to mail your application to the schools because some schools require hard copies and others will take an electronic copies.

It will be accepted because they will see you submitted it before the 1st. However, like xNeenax said they wont mail it out until Monday but UIW will still accept it. Get on that supplemental though!! Good luck.

It will be accepted because they will see you submitted it before the 1st. However, like xNeenax said they wont mail it out until Monday but UIW will still accept it. Get on that supplemental though!! Good luck.

you're from NY!!??? whoa, why are you coming all the way down here to Texas???? or did you put up some fake location like I did :)

Nice! Where are you coming from? I am staying in the Hyatt near the airport, looks pretty close to the school.

I'm from Texas =) I'm staying at the Home2Suite Hotels- the only pet friendly hotel that was near the campus! Couldn't leave my puppy, Haha! Hope you enjoy the Hyatt!

That is awesome. I am coming alone from New York. Enjoy your family vacation super jealous you will have you puppy with you. Haha.

goodluck to everyone for mondays interview

Thank you. Did you receive one also?

yup..mines at 9am..flying it at 9pm..then out at 2pm.

I was invited for the 12th but I couldnt make it. So will there be another interview date in january or something?

Where you coming from? Mine is at 10 leaving at 5. :/

What's a ballpark estimate for tuition + fees for this school every year?

What's a ballpark estimate for tuition + fees for this school every year?

My guess is about $27,000. I wrote it down somewhere but I forgot where, but if you go to their website it shows the fees for tuition, room&board, etc.

Hi everyone! I'm a P1 as well at UIWFSOP. Congrats to those who got interview invites for december 15?. if y'all have any questions shoot me a message and I'll get back at you guys asap! GOOD LUCK GUYS AND GALS!

I am really from New York, yea. Just got into San Antonio.

Why not go to UT, Tech, A&M or Houston?? It's half the price!

I'm not applying to A&M and UT b/c they don't do pharmcas aka I'm too lazy. :p

The weather at Tech is not so good right now.