Incomplete Grades Made Up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AspiringDoctor2

Reaction score
Hello fellow Pre-meds,

I have a few questions and was hoping somebody could help. Basically, when an incomplete is awarded at my university, the grade you receive after is put on the transcript, but the "I" stays as well (IB+ or IA-). I was wondering how two of these would be viewed in one semester on my transcript (my made up grades are an A and a B, and they do go towards the GPA). I also have an excuse (got Covid the final week of the semester and had to make up the two finals I still had), but I also don't know if there's a place on the medical school application to explain this. Any of the experienced members know this? Obviously, I don't want an illness casting me in a negative light, when there is a legitimate reason.

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

If it's only 2 grades I dont think anyone will care. If you are concerned there are definitely places to explain this and alot of schools are asking how has covid affected you questions but to me it seems trivial enough that I wouldn't want to shed light on it.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello fellow Pre-meds,

I have a few questions and was hoping somebody could help. Basically, when an incomplete is awarded at my university, the grade you receive after is put on the transcript, but the "I" stays as well (IB+ or IA-). I was wondering how two of these would be viewed in one semester on my transcript (my made up grades are an A and a B, and they do go towards the GPA). I also have an excuse (got Covid the final week of the semester and had to make up the two finals I still had), but I also don't know if there's a place on the medical school application to explain this. Any of the experienced members know this? Obviously, I don't want an illness casting me in a negative light, when there is a legitimate reason.

Thank you!!
No one will care.

You could have failed both courses and it still wouldn't be lethal.

There is no need for explanations. Let it go.