Increasing my score from 17M to 30?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

V4viet

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I took the mcat last april and got 3P 6V 8B =17M and so I was is it possible to pull it up to a 30 or at least at least in the high 20s like 27 28 etcc.. Have you heard of anyone that increase their score dramatically? If so any suggestion? I have all of the EK materials and the only thing keep me from becoming a great doctor is my MCAT score and it's sad when you have to call the school and asking if your score is good enough for them and they keep on saying no after no. I'm really desperate here and can you guys please help me. Anything would help. I think i might be too late for the april mcat but i can study day by day for the august one. Well just let me know if i start studying now for the april mcat which is 6 weeks away. would I be able to bring it up to mid 20s at least? Thanks for reading

Members don't see this ad.

V4viet said:
Hey guys I took the mcat last april and got 3P 6V 8B =17M and so I was is it possible to pull it up to a 30 or at least at least in the high 20s like 27 28 etcc.. Have you heard of anyone that increase their score dramatically? If so any suggestion? I have all of the EK materials and the only thing keep me from becoming a great doctor is my MCAT score and it's sad when you have to call the school and asking if your score is good enough for them and they keep on saying no after no. I'm really desperate here and can you guys please help me. Anything would help. I think i might be too late for the april mcat but i can study day by day for the august one. Well just let me know if i start studying now for the april mcat which is 6 weeks away. would I be able to bring it up to mid 20s at least? Thanks for reading

Don't fear! Of course you can do it. Any chance you can take a prep course?

3P indicates that you're uncomfortable with solving problems, since Phys is almost all about problem solving in chemistry and physics. You need to actually *work out* questions. Purchase the EK 1001 questions in Chem, and 1001 q's in Physics, and work through that LOTS... the key to doing well in physical is to work through a million problems.

I would actually suggest that you buy a Kaplan or Princeton Review book, since it seems like you need more than the bare essentials. EK (at least in my opinion) is for people who are already fairly strong in the subjects, but just need the high-yield facts drilled into them (they can figure out the rest on their own, esp from the passage). Read those texts for UNDERSTANDING on the first pass -- read it as you would read a novel, so you can have better understanding... especially for the bio section.

As for verbal, EK 101 passages was pretty good practice, but make sure you are *constantly* improving and applying techniques.

In my opinion, you need to use ALL available AAMC tests and go through them, and do decently well, before you take the actual exam. MCAT is all about practice practice practice, with some amount of review.

Finally, someone who will post a real score on here. The best advice I can give u is to not read any of these posts in the MCAT forum because it will only discourage you. These poor people who ONLY made a 30 and wonder how in the world they will ever get to a 40! I know, because I have been there. I had a score that was very similar to yours and also know the pain of asking a school if it is "good enough." The truth is that your score will probably go up a few points anyway, if this was your first time to take it. To get a 30 I would say you need to wait till August and bust your butt every day leading up to it.

V4viet said:
I think that whether you can increase your score that dramatically will depend on a few factors: what "went wrong" last April when you took the test, how hard you are willing to work to improve your MCAT score, and how much time you have to study.

1) You need to start by analyzing what your weaknesses are. Do you have timing issues? Test anxiety? Did you not take several practice tests under realistic, timed conditions? Have you completed all four of the pre-reqs? If you haven't, you should not attempt the MCAT again until after you complete all of the pre-reqs. Like anon-y-mouse said, PS is the most obvious place for you to start, but your VR score is also weak, and your BS score is about average, so I think that you will need to work overall on your critical thinking skills and MCAT passage strategies. Improving these skills takes time, effort, and a ton of practice for most people.

2) Are you REALISTICALLY able to spend the next six weeks basically focused on MCAT prep to the exclusion of nearly everything else? It will almost certainly require considerable time and practice for you to raise your score by 10 or 13 points, and six weeks is not very much time to prepare for the MCAT even if you study 12 or 14 hours per day for the entire time. Most people study anywhere from two to six MONTHS (though fewer hours per day) for the MCAT. If you are doing anything else at the same time (job, school, parenting a child, etc.), I recommend that you wait and take the test in August, because six weeks will probably not be enough time to prepare.

Hope these ideas help, and best of luck to you. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
QofQuimica said:
I think that whether you can increase your score that dramatically will depend on a few factors: what "went wrong" last April when you took the test, how hard you are willing to work to improve your MCAT score, and how much time you have to study.

1) You need to start by analyzing what your weaknesses are. Do you have timing issues? Test anxiety? Did you not take several practice tests under realistic, timed conditions? Have you completed all four of the pre-reqs? If you haven't, you should not attempt the MCAT again until after you complete all of the pre-reqs. Like anon-y-mouse said, PS is the most obvious place for you to start, but your VR score is also weak, and your BS score is about average, so I think that you will need to work overall on your critical thinking skills and MCAT passage strategies. Improving these skills takes time, effort, and a ton of practice for most people.

2) Are you REALISTICALLY able to spend the next six weeks basically focused on MCAT prep to the exclusion of nearly everything else? It will almost certainly require considerable time and practice for you to raise your score by 10 or 13 points, and six weeks is not very much time to prepare for the MCAT even if you study 12 or 14 hours per day for the entire time. Most people study anywhere from two to six MONTHS (though fewer hours per day) for the MCAT. If you are doing anything else at the same time (job, school, parenting a child, etc.), I recommend that you wait and take the test in August, because six weeks will probably not be enough time to prepare.

Hope these ideas help, and best of luck to you. :)

Thanks for all of you guys help I really appreciate it. I think I'll hold off until august to take the mcat too. However, increasing my score by at least 8 to 10 points is not impossible right? You've guys seen people doing it before. As for my low score on PS. On the day of the test I didn't know what I was doing and started guessing. My score for P.S on the practice exams was around 7 and 8 i dont know why it went down that much i guess my basic concepts needed more work. Thanks again guys.. so it's possible to increase your points at least by 8 to 10. thanksss

V4viet said:
Thanks again guys.. so it's possible to increase your points at least by 8 to 10. thanksss

Yes, it's possible, but it is extremely unlikely. Let's break it down step by step:

According to AAMC since 1995, Of re-testers who had a 3PS on their first try, only 3% manage to raise their score to a 7. No one has gotten more than an 8. 8 is still below average.

Of those who had a VR6 the first time around, 5% made it to a 10, and none were more than 11. That is above average and is doable. If English is your second language, however, it would be a longshot.

Of those who had a 8BS the first time around, 6% made it to 11. No one did better than 12.

Going back to your original post, since 1995 no one has made a 17 on the MCAT and gone on to make a 30. It's still possible, but you would have to work very, very hard.

Being realistic, of those who had your same score the first time, 49% were able to raise their PS score 2 or more points. 38% were able to raise their VR 2 or more points. 29% were able to raise their BS score 2 or more points. You probably have a pretty good chance of raising your score by 6 or more points if you study very hard. But, "at least by 8 to 10" as you were asking for...that would be tough.

scpod said:
But, "at least by 8 to 10" as you were asking for...that would be tough.

It would be harder than "tough" but that doesn't mean to give up :)

scpod said:
Yes, it's possible, but it is extremely unlikely. Let's break it down step by step:

According to AAMC since 1995, Of re-testers who had a 3PS on their first try, only 3% manage to raise their score to a 7. No one has gotten more than an 8. 8 is still below average.

Of those who had a VR6 the first time around, 5% made it to a 10, and none were more than 11. That is above average and is doable. If English is your second language, however, it would be a longshot.

Of those who had a 8BS the first time around, 6% made it to 11. No one did better than 12.

Going back to your original post, since 1995 no one has made a 17 on the MCAT and gone on to make a 30. It's still possible, but you would have to work very, very hard.

Being realistic, of those who had your same score the first time, 49% were able to raise their PS score 2 or more points. 38% were able to raise their VR 2 or more points. 29% were able to raise their BS score 2 or more points. You probably have a pretty good chance of raising your score by 6 or more points if you study very hard. But, "at least by 8 to 10" as you were asking for...that would be tough.

N is higher than 200 in all cases. Therefore you're wrong in using the phrases "none" or "no one", since anything that's less than 0.5% is still going to be rounded to 0 (meaning there could be some people who managed the feat).

What's also missing is the void-ers... I can see how many people who feel they're about to score a 3 would void right away. I imagine that the figures are pretty accurate for those who have scored 8/9+ their first time, since those test-takers probably felt confident enough in the performance in their section not to void.

Nice stats page, however!

anon-y-mouse said:
N is higher than 200 in all cases. Therefore you're wrong in using the phrases "none" or "no one", since anything that's less than 0.5% is still going to be rounded to 0 (meaning there could be some people who managed the feat).

Technically, but with the normal distribution it's still very unlikely.

The amount of discouragement on this page is disgusting. How can you sit here and tell someone, according to so and so, the answer is almost no!!!

Without hard work no one can get anywhere. Is it possible to go from a 3 to a 7? Yes!! If you work hard enough and study and practice of course you can do it.

I do not understand why is it that when people post poor scores and asks what can they do,many people get on their case and say "well, you can try but it will be almost impossible"

Statistics do not tell the whole story, they are numbers. What is behind those numbers? Did those people who did not do well study hard enough? Practice hard enough?

While your post may not have been full of vitriole and you may have had the best intentions but turn it around and think how you would feel if someone pulled out a stat sheet and told you that try and try as hard as you can, you will never do it.

We are here to support each other and help each other, psyche people out during the application cycle not the MCAT.

EMT2ER-DOC said:
The amount of discouragement on this page is disgusting. How can you sit here and tell someone, according to so and so, the answer is almost no!!!
...While your post may not have been full of vitriole and you may have had the best intentions but turn it around and think how you would feel if someone pulled out a stat sheet and told you that try and try as hard as you can, you will never do it.

We are here to support each other and help each other, psyche people out during the application cycle not the MCAT.

It's not discouragement; it's looking at realistic expectations. From the OP's post, he believed that "it's possible to increase your points at least by 8 to 10." It's possible, but not likely without a lot of hard work. S/he needs to understand just how hard it will be. Do you think that it would be easier on the OP assuming that it is easy to get an 8 to 10 point increase, only to come out of it with a 3 point increase? If you want encouragement, go see your therapist. If you want reality, it's all around you.

EMT2ER-DOC said:
You see a therapist for issues. You go to your friends and colleagues for encrouagement.

Who do you go to to learn how to spell "encouragement"?

doc2010 said:
Who do you go to to learn how to spell "encouragement"?

Listen A$$, this has nothing to do with anything. If you want to say something constructive then do so, but to comment about typing makes you look like a fool. If you do not have anything constructive to say then you are part of the problem. Stop being part of the problem and make better use of your time.

Members don't see this ad :)
To the op: I don't know how long you previously studied for and how you studied, I also do not know what your day-to -day is like (school, work, family...) but what I can tell you is that my very very first practice score (with no study) was P4 V4 B5 13. At this point I had been out of the school scene for a few years and was just about to start taking some unfinished classes for my major. I completed my degree, also took some grad courses, got married worked in an ER, had 2 kids, bought a house..... lots and lots more. Today I study at home when my kids let me (sometimes 3 hrs other times 6) and doing very well. I took my first official MCAT last Aug, but did not make the score my school of interest wants (spent the previous night up with my 104 feverish kids :( ; not that this is an excuse to give anyone). Still I was called in for a justification on why I did not do as well as expected, and the school was very supportive and admired my determination, as a result I made some nice ties with the school. I usually get in the mid 20s (English is my 2nd language), and I also know if I had more time and no distractions I could really do well. But instead I have so much more to show for than just a high score, I have a family, a life time worth of experiences...
What I'm saying is that you can do what ever your life and desire allows you to do.

There are some extremelly realistic people around here, the only person you need to listen is yourself and what is in your heart and how bad you really want it. Can you increase 10 points, YES you can...with discipline, hard work and positive thinking! I went over 10 points, and now my new goal is 10 more points...placing me in high 30s. Can I do it? I don't know (due to time, since there is only 8weeks to go) but I'm sure as heck going to try my best :)
Forget about statistics, make a plan of attack and get to it! Only you know what you can achieve. Good luck E

PM me if you need more words of encouragement!

scpod said:
Technically, but with the normal distribution it's still very unlikely.

That's not what you said at all. I agree it is very unlikely, but it is not impossible. Also, the very fact that so many people would have voided when faced with a 3 speaks to the alleged "normality" of the distribution curve.

anon-y-mouse said:
That's not what you said at all. I agree it is very unlikely, but it is not impossible. Also, the very fact that so many people would have voided when faced with a 3 speaks to the alleged "normality" of the distribution curve.

It is theoretically possible that 1 of 213 scored higher than an 8 on PS.
It is theoretically possible that 13 of 2640 scored higher than an 11 on VR.
It is theoretically possible that 16 of 3186 scored higher than a 12 on the BS.

But, it is not likely.

However, it is also just as possible that 16 of the 3186 scored a 4 or less the second time on the BS, and 13 of 2640 scored a 2 or less on the VR the second time, and 1 of 213 scored a 1 or less on the PS the second time.

scpod said:
It is theoretically possible that 1 of 213 scored higher than an 8 on PS.
It is theoretically possible that 13 of 2640 scored higher than an 11 on VR.
It is theoretically possible that 16 of 3186 scored higher than a 12 on the BS.

But, it is not likely.

However, it is also just as possible that 16 of the 3186 scored a 4 or less the second time on the BS, and 13 of 2640 scored a 2 or less on the VR the second time, and 1 of 213 scored a 1 or less on the PS the second time.

Thanks for the clarification. I really hate it when people post inaccurate statements.

Now as for 'likelihood', it's completely another story and the AAMC stats would be a lot more helpful in the low range if we knew how many people voided (and more importantly, why they voided or what they "would have" received... but of course this is impossible).

So... interesting thread here... how about some input from a med student?

So- OP said original score was 17, which is.. at best slightly better than a warm turd. So- Let's have a reality check for a second. If the OP actually studied fairly decently and got that score, then it is highly unlikely that the OP will receive a significantly higher score (sorry). If however, the OP didn't study at all... then it would be possible in fact to raise that score substantially. If the latter is the case, I recommend you work your ass off HARDCORE.. because med schools get ALL your scores and with an initial score THAT low.... well it just sucks to be you (sorry again, but reality check is needed).

If you do not increase your score substantially, then perhaps applying to podiatry school (average score=21) might be an option for you. Or, of course, if you are a member of a minority... then perhaps you can get in somewhere.

Once again, I HIGHLY apologize for the bluntness, but this "yes you can" BS is really not realistic if that initial score represents the OP's maximum ability.

sga814 said:
If the OP actually studied fairly decently and got that score, then it is highly unlikely that the OP will receive a significantly higher score

That is probably the best point made on this thread so far. If a 17 was the OP's best effort, then you can't expect a huge increase. You might anticipate a small increase just from the experience, though. Still, I remember on girl who took the MCAT before she had Physics, then again afterward. Although her second score was 2 points higher overall, she actually lost 2 points on the PS section. Who knows?

My first mile was 12:45 and it was to the best of my ability. Now I can do one easily in 5-6 minutes.

I guess you can never escape mediocrity, sigh...

SearsTower said:
My first mile was 12:45 and it was to the best of my ability. Now I can do one easily in 5-6 minutes.

I guess you can never escape mediocrity, sigh...

Best post I've read on this issue. I can lift more weight now than I have ever lifted before. I used to hate math and worked to the best of my abilities to make an average grade. Now I have an engineering degree with a 4.0 Sci GPA.

Hi,
I was in your boat not long ago and still trying to plow through myself. I received a 19 score on the August MCAT and now have practiced up to a 25 score, and hopefully will go up some more before the April MCAT. I have some advice I would be happy to share with you that will definitely bring up your verbal score (I had a 2 score improvement in Verbal consistently within a week) and some ideas for physical sciences. Please pm me if you are interested. :love:

hrtrs said:
Hi,
I was in your boat not long ago and still trying to plow through myself. I received a 19 score on the August MCAT and now have practiced up to a 25 score, and hopefully will go up some more before the April MCAT. I have some advice I would be happy to share with you that will definitely bring up your verbal score (I had a 2 score improvement in Verbal consistently within a week) and some ideas for physical sciences. Please pm me if you are interested. :love:

I am interested in what you did to bring up your verbal score. I am really desperate at this point.

Thanks

sga814 said:
So... interesting thread here... how about some input from a med student?

So- OP said original score was 17, which is.. at best slightly better than a warm turd. So- Let's have a reality check for a second. If the OP actually studied fairly decently and got that score, then it is highly unlikely that the OP will receive a significantly higher score (sorry). If however, the OP didn't study at all... then it would be possible in fact to raise that score substantially. If the latter is the case, I recommend you work your ass off HARDCORE.. because med schools get ALL your scores and with an initial score THAT low.... well it just sucks to be you (sorry again, but reality check is needed).

If you do not increase your score substantially, then perhaps applying to podiatry school (average score=21) might be an option for you. Or, of course, if you are a member of a minority... then perhaps you can get in somewhere.

Once again, I HIGHLY apologize for the bluntness, but this "yes you can" BS is really not realistic if that initial score represents the OP's maximum ability.

This is the only person in here that isn't full of crap. I'll tell you how you go from a 17 to a 30, you hire someone to take the test. It is impossible, yes I said impossible. If he got into a pod school it would be b/c he is a minority not b/c he is qualified.

Dr_Feelgood said:
This is the only person in here that isn't full of crap. I'll tell you how you go from a 17 to a 30, you hire someone to take the test. It is impossible, yes I said impossible. If he got into a pod school it would be b/c he is a minority not b/c he is qualified.

I can see from your point of view that we're full of crap. To you, it seems like we're nothing more than unrealistically optimistic adulators. According to this judgment of yours, we're just a bunch of cheerleaders screaming out thoughtless clichés like "Nothing is impossible! Just believe in yourself! You can do it! We know you can!"

Let's investigate the premise here...

Yes, I do agree that not everyone can improve from a 17 to a 30. Sadly, the folks working at wal-mart for the past 13 years probably can never score something even remotely close to a 30 (no offense to any wal-mart employees out there). But we're not talking about a typical wal-mart staff or the guys who mow your lawn. We're talking about a college student who has managed to get through years of schooling. Surely, in his 16+ years of schooling, he had to use his brain somehow. Okay! So one thing is clear, the guy has a functional brain.

It is assumed that the guy has completely learned/memorized what he needs to know and his intelligence has been fully exploited to achieve that 17. Conversely, it is virtually impossible to have an extensive background knowledge and still earn a 17. This kind of score indicates you really don't know what the hell you're doing. So yes, a 17 is no better than "warm turd." Come on, my cat can get a 17 (figuratively speaking).

Some people can rely on inherent reasoning to get through this exam. I never said there is absolutely no correlation between MCAT scores and intelligence. Average pre-med Joes, however, require some background knowledge to work with (not everybody doc out there is a genius like you, bud). If you don't know how to use a hammer and someone hands you a hammer to get a rigorous "hammering" job done, chances are, you'll do one hell of a half-as$ job. Most smart people can get away with minimal studying and still score in the low 30's. These same smart people, with hardcore studying, can potentially score around 35-40+.

While raising a 17 to a 40 is, without a shadow of a doubt, impossible, it is not impossible for a person [we're talking about an undergraduate here who has sufficient intelligence to get through college] to attain somewhere around 25-30 after some effective studying.

"Nothing is impossible! Just believe in yourself! You can do it! We know you can!"

from reading the OP's first post, it sounds to me like his english is pretty poor. I'm assuming english isn't his first language. That right there will probably account for his low MCAT. I'm just guessing here, but how can he even do well if there's a complete language barrier. The questions the MCAT asks are very vague, require inference, and are very subtle. All of which would hinder non-english speakers, more so than a regular college exam would. Sure, there's the occasional foreign student who does well on the thing, but by and large, from what I've noticed, those whose first language is something other than english tend to do badly on the MCAT.

I'd say he'd need to work on his reading comprehension before he should even tackle the mcat.

perfectmoment said:
from reading the OP's first post, it sounds to me like his english is pretty poor. I'm assuming english isn't his first language. That right there will probably account for his low MCAT. I'm just guessing here, but how can he even do well if there's a complete language barrier. The questions the MCAT asks are very vague, require inference, and are very subtle. All of which would hinder non-english speakers, more so than a regular college exam would. Sure, there's the occasional foreign student who does well on the thing, but by and large, from what I've noticed, those whose first language is something other than english tend to do badly on the MCAT.

I'd say he'd need to work on his reading comprehension before he should even tackle the mcat.

Agreed. English is also my second language, maybe that's why I'm not so hot in verbal. I'd hate to mention another anecdote but English is also a second language for a friend of mine, but he was able to raise his 6 in VR to a 10 (on the real thing) after two months of consistent practice.

scpod said:

Agreed with this post. It is possible to raise it at least 6 points. But I don't know how likely taking it this year will increase it to 8-10 points.

SearsTower said:
I can see from your point of view that we're full of crap. To you, it seems like we're nothing more than unrealistically optimistic adulators. According to this judgment of yours, we're just a bunch of cheerleaders screaming out thoughtless clichés like "Nothing is impossible! Just believe in yourself! You can do it! We know you can!"

Let's investigate the premise here...

Yes, I do agree that not everyone can improve from a 17 to a 30. Sadly, the folks working at wal-mart for the past 13 years probably can never score something even remotely close to a 30 (no offense to any wal-mart employees out there). But we're not talking about a typical wal-mart staff or the guys who mow your lawn. We're talking about a college student who has managed to get through years of schooling. Surely, in his 16+ years of schooling, he had to use his brain somehow. Okay! So one thing is clear, the guy has a functional brain.

It is assumed that the guy has completely learned/memorized what he needs to know and his intelligence has been fully exploited to achieve that 17. Conversely, it is virtually impossible to have an extensive background knowledge and still earn a 17. This kind of score indicates you really don't know what the hell you're doing. So yes, a 17 is no better than "warm turd." Come on, my cat can get a 17 (figuratively speaking).

Some people can rely on inherent reasoning to get through this exam. I never said there is absolutely no correlation between MCAT scores and intelligence. Average pre-med Joes, however, require some background knowledge to work with (not everybody doc out there is a genius like you, bud). If you don't know how to use a hammer and someone hands you a hammer to get a rigorous "hammering" job done, chances are, you'll do one hell of a half-as$ job. Most smart people can get away with minimal studying and still score in the low 30's. These same smart people, with hardcore studying, can potentially score around 35-40+.

While raising a 17 to a 40 is, without a shadow of a doubt, impossible, it is not impossible for a person [we're talking about an undergraduate here who has sufficient intelligence to get through college] to attain somewhere around 25-30 after some effective studying.

"Nothing is impossible! Just believe in yourself! You can do it! We know you can!"

Are you starting a cult? You seem like that crazy optimistic guy who is telling everyone that it is possible that we are all aliens and the mother ship is coming back next week, just drink this.

You can lie about numbers but numbers never lie. Ask scpod, it has never been done for a reason. It is impossible.

Dr_Feelgood said:
Are you starting a cult? You seem like that crazy optimistic guy who is telling everyone that it is possible that we are all aliens and the mother ship is coming back next week, just drink this.

You can lie about numbers but numbers never lie. Ask scpod, it has never been done for a reason. It is impossible.

Dude, I was being sarcastic with all that optimistic bullcrap. My point is plain and simple: That score is so damn low that improving to a semi-decent range by any person who has an ounce of intelligence is possible with hard work.

SearsTower said:
Dude, I was being sarcastic with all that optimistic bullcrap. My point is plain and simple: That score is so damn low that improving to a semi-decent range by any person who has an ounce of intelligence is possible with hard work.

Wow, you know what sarcasm is, you would think you could pick up on another persons sardonic comments, and not get offended then.

Also, increasing you MCATs 2-8 (even 8 is a stretch) points is possible. But this @ss clown is saying he wants a 13 point jump that is impossible.

I did pick up on that "cult" comment but my lack of sleep has prevented me from seeing the humor (or whatever intent) in mocking me. I was not pissed off at all at your comment. What I am pissed of at is that I've been trying to finish 100 problems in the EK 1001 Physics but just barely made through 10 of them for the last four hours because this friggin' site is so distracting.

If I were in the guy's shoes, then I'd think it's possible. I would take a bunch of practice tests, really analyze what I'm doing wrong and work my a$s off to improve. Sure there might be no numerical evidence to back it up for it but it doesn't violate any physical law. 13+ is possible. If I made a 2 on my first MCAT, a score easily attainable by an average kindergartner, I think I can make a 20 the next time around. 17 - 30, possible. 17-44, most likely not.

It violates the laws of logic. Hell the guy got a 3 on PS. Let me repeat that, 3. He would have got a better score if he would have just put C for all of his answers. He scored just below trained circus monkeys and just above Vince Young from Texas. One more time for good measure, 3.

Man I gotta save your name so I can hit you up the next time I wanna totally bag somebody.

SearsTower said:
Man I gotta save your name so I can hit you up the next time I wanna totally bag somebody.

:laugh: :laugh: That was funny! Dr. Feelgood is a perfect example of how someone gets the scores, but does not have the personality to be a good doctor. In other words, there are many arrogant a$$holes who do not deserve to be in med. school and who take the spots from caring and passionate people who are really willing to help sick people. Best of luck and blessings to REAL DOCTORS! :D :) :D

drjds is one of those pu$$y who wish they could be a doctor but are to busy playing D and D. He's a 45 year old virgin who hopes to score some @ss from a 13 year old boy by posting on various forums.

You can lie all you want to people like viet4. If you'd like your doctor to be an idiot, that is great. Personally, I want the best and the brightest. So you still lie to yourself that you are going to make a difference. You’re in it for the money and prestige like the rest of the world. The sooner you stop acting like you are in an interview the better off you'll be. There are plenty of people who lie to themselves at med school and everyone sees right through you.

drjds, you’re one of those no talent @ss clowns, I am talking about. You'll get into a school b/c your a chick or b/c you half black-anese. This is what d@ckweeds like you have done to medicine. That is why the only place where pure medicine is still practice is Europe.

drjds said:
:laugh: :laugh: That was funny! Dr. Feelgood is a perfect example of how someone gets the scores, but does not have the personality to be a good doctor. In other words, there are many arrogant a$$holes who do not deserve to be in med. school and who take the spots from caring and passionate people who are really willing to help sick people. Best of luck and blessings to REAL DOCTORS! :D :) :D

Damn right. These spots should go to the sincere premeds who are in it for the money and the hot chicks.

I think we have to know the full story, and circumstances of why he got a 3 to be able to determine how valid that was of determining his potential.

For instance if he has a 2.0 GPA and no understanding of the concepts and took it cold, one could see where a 3 on PS would come from and it would send the message that he would need to possibly consider retaking the prereqs doing a postbac and really learning the material properly and then taking the MCAT.

However, if he has a 4.0 and got a 3, that sends a different message. Furthermore, we don't know if the person has practiced any practice tests or took the test cold, or whether they studied by memorizing or actually took the time to understand what they weren't understanding. We don't know if they did any sort of practice material or if they did whether or not they reviewed their answers.

Those things all affect the score outcome. That said, if you got a 17 or in the teens, its going to take much longer then a few months to bring up your score and will probably require a bit more time like a full semester at the least.

While Dr.Feelgood is not showing any tact, I'm going to have to agree with him and say a 13 point increase is most likely not going to happen because MCAT and standardized tests are part studying, part test taking skills, and part natural intelligence. I think a 24 or 25 may be possible, but I don't forsee the person jumping up to a 30 realistically, certainly if they haven't started studying yet.

gujuDoc said:
While Dr.Feelgood is not showing any tact, I'm going to have to agree with him and say a 13 point increase is most likely not going to happen because MCAT and standardized tests are part studying, part test taking skills, and part natural intelligence. I think a 24 or 25 may be possible, but I don't forsee the person jumping up to a 30 realistically, certainly if they haven't started studying yet.

I like to call it a revolution gainst political correctness.

gujuDoc said:
I wasn't insulting you or anything. Hope no offense was taken.

I was not insult. I was just making a joke. I think most of the pre-med posters are a little to up tight. If they relaxed they'd probably see there MCAT score go from a 12 to a 40.

You're not made of steel, you're made of dirt, ya dirtbag.

As a matter of fact, everyone who takes the MCAT is a dirty little dirtbag.

Dr_Feelgood said:
drjds is one of those pu$$y who wish they could be a doctor but are to busy playing D and D. He's a 45 year old virgin who hopes to score some @ss from a 13 year old boy by posting on various forums.

You can lie all you want to people like viet4. If you'd like your doctor to be an idiot, that is great. Personally, I want the best and the brightest. So you still lie to yourself that you are going to make a difference. You’re in it for the money and prestige like the rest of the world. The sooner you stop acting like you are in an interview the better off you'll be. There are plenty of people who lie to themselves at med school and everyone sees right through you.

drjds, you’re one of those no talent @ss clowns, I am talking about. You'll get into a school b/c your a chick or b/c you half black-anese. This is what d@ckweeds like you have done to medicine. That is why the only place where pure medicine is still practice is Europe.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: HA! HA! You are hilarious, first of all, I'm a female. I will not continue to respond to a racist, ignorant fool, but I must say this...Only time will tell. We'll see where I'll be a few years from now, and yea, you may become a doctor, but what will be you real reason for being in the profession. I guess you will give up on patients who are not of a certain race, economic status, sex, etc. I pray to God that you something happens in your life along your medical school journey to teach you how to be a better person and not to look down on people. I mean really, do you know what pure medicine is??? Obviously not, your attitude shows why medicine is the way it is now. I think the reason you are so angry and trying to put down people is because you have a self-esteem problem yourself. Maybe you lied to yourself...maybe you didn't really want to be a doctor...maybe you are in it for the wrong reason. POOR THING!! Sorry you have loss this argument, now try to learn some life lessons. See you in the future, and call me DR... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.